Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Chris727

Mechanical front PTO on 7100/GTH-L?

Chris727
I picked up a mechanical front PTO for a 3400 series tractor. I would like to use it on a 7100 with a briggs single. My concern is whether there is a difference in frame length that will affect the length of the engagement lever. I have other tractors I could put it on but would love to have the hydrolift for a blower. Thank You. Chris

NandoG
Hi Chris, I moved my front PTO from my 3414S to my 7116H and it is longer a couple inches, I copied the bends from the old one and then cut the excess and threaded the end. I used same size rod 4 ft long. It's being on the 7116H for about 9 years now.

Chris727
Thanks guys. I was thinking I might be able to get a small turnbuckle and some threaded rod to lengthen it but it sounds like there isn't going to be enough distance for that to work.

HVACRAT
I had a GTH-L and modified the front PTO mule to a single sheave and bought the belt to run it off the mid PTO. You have to lower the idler sheave down one hole which aligns the belt with the front of the tractor. The local dealer turned me on to this.