Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1690606, thinking spring

ezliving4ume

Does anyone have this assembly? Its a electric lift group assembly for the 6200 series tractors. I would like to buy one. The nearest I've came is an ebay deal but I don't have 400. to spend. I don't care if its NOS or used or ? I need the mounting brackets more than anything. Guess I'm starting to get old. That tiller weights a ton!

Holy cow!! I just got an email. Someone has one from this site!!! I'm not giving names, Been looking for one that I can afford for years. I wouldn't want a bidding war,lol As I am a poor broke american. He did say he was unsure if it could lift the blower or the tiller. That would suck if it didn't have the power to lift attachments. Other than the mower. Anyone had one? will it lift the tiller and blower?

He emailed me too. I can't believe he only wants 18 bucks for it!:D:D:D Just kidding. Its the same lift as the 7000 series. I have one in classifieds as well but you need to rotate the tower and a different bracket all together. They lift tiller and snowthrowers on the 7000, no doubt it should do it with the 6000 series as well.

thats reassuring coming from you burntime. Now with the electric lift is it all the way down and all the way up. Or can I stop it at any point? I would want it so I can stop it at any point. I should be able to do that with the type of switch that I put on the dash if the OEM switch won't do it.

Works great for a tiller - Finding the correct lift hanger/parts for the 6200 has always been my problem - I use it to set my depth on softer soil - It will bounce up and slide on the lift bar, but go no lower than the lift setting - Chris

Sunrunner, Nice 6216, very nice! I like the true powers and the front caps. Where did you mount the switch for the lift/low? and do you have tiller belt roll issues?

No belt problem with the tiller so far, do you mean roll when it is engaged?...Switch is mounted opposite of light switch and a little lower.

and this is some of my crew

:O:O:O:O:O:O wow, nice sunrunner! and the others, just :O:O:O. But anyway, is the switch located correctly to you? I was thinking that I should find a mounting location that is in arms length, from the seated location? right, no bending over I almost forgot yes when its engaged

6'4" 250#'s arms length for me on the switch - If I was going to place it I would like it right above the light switch(ish) since I am right handed....

No belt turn: plenty of slack when tiller engagement lever is off plenty of slack when tiller is raised make sure belt stops are in place on PTO chris

Belt turning, I mite have it adjusted to tight, Last fall I was chewing thru corn stocks and it kept clogging. So I tightened the belt more than what I should have. Then the belt would roll over. This only my third year with this tractor. I have almost worked out all the bugs. The tiller belt roll is is the last attachment related issue. I never thought I could dislike belts as much as I do being a simplicity owner. Belt stops? My set up doesn't have a belt stop. The black plastic guard on the tiller pulley is long gone.

• 2 weeks later...
I got my first pic. of the lift assembly, Couldn't be happier.I hope it can lift as much as I can with the arm lift. Guess I'll have one of them for sale. Ok started thinking about the charging system with an electric lift. I think I should look into a car battery and is there anyway too upgrade my 3amp charging system to a 5 or what could it be? I think in the winter when I'm running the lift and 2x35 watts front lights and 55 watts rear light. It would be killing the battery. What do you guys think?

On the 6000 series tractors with the opposed twin engine, you have 2 separate charging systems 1 is DC for charging the battery the other is AC for lights only. While I didn't constantly raise the mower deck up and put it down I used it when necessary. All with a standard lawn tractor battery from Tractor Supply and never a problem. Mel_W

quote:
Originally posted by Mel_W
On the 6000 series tractors with the opposed twin engine, you have 2 separate charging systems 1 is DC for charging the battery the other is AC for lights only. While I didn't constantly raise the mower deck up and put it down I used it when necessary. All with a standard lawn tractor battery from Tractor Supply and never a problem. Mel_W
I guess the gig is up, Thank you Mel!!!!!!!! I think I'm going with a car battery anyway, extra weight and more cranking amps. Again thank you!:D:D:D:D

I was in the northern tool book today and they had three sizes of 12v electric lifts that look eerily similar to simplicities. and they were pretty reasonalby priced. I cat find it on the website to link it. I'll look again tomorrow

quote:
Originally posted by sovereign72
I was in the northern tool book today and they had three sizes of 12v electric lifts that look eerily similar to simplicities. and they were pretty reasonalby priced. I cat find it on the website to link it. I'll look again tomorrow
its the mounting parts that you can't find, not the screw cylinder. but look for me please:D8D