Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 Throttle cable problem

moparharn

My B-110 will not stay at one RPM for working. The vibration allows the throttle knob to return back to low rpm. Is there a way to set the throttle at one speed? Can I tighten something to hold it in position. My Simplicity 700 as a lever and it works great a holding position. It looks like my cable is connected to the governor arm and that cannot be tightened. Thanks for any help. Bill

Usually these throttle cables cannot be tightened. They use a twist-lock system to hold the throttle in place but this wears out after years of use. My HB-112 has the same issue, I have the new cable but I still use Vise-Grips to clamp onto the shaft and hold it in place. Brandon

If you got a spare, take one apart and find how it works, On the dash (where it goes through the hole)is the lock. I took one apart along time ago and fixed it, if its to far gone then you cant fix it. Good Luck..

Sold my 3112 with the same issue. Thought I would replace it first, BUT about $45 as I recall? Left that for the new owner to fix / decide to buy new. (I did let him know)