Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Converting Kohler MV-18 to an M-18

kenmill1958

I know someone here did this a while back. Not sure if I will have to.I can pick up a complete Craftsman GT6000 witha Kohler 18hp eng for $135.00 Owners hubby is not at home at present so she is not sure of shaft location. I might get lucky and find exactly what I need.I want to use it in my 919 Allis. Just wondering how much of a project it would be to convert the vertical shaft MV-18 to the horiz shaft M-18. I have 2 donor KT's for parts. I replaced one of the KT's with an M-18 in my 917 almost 2yrs ago. No problem with the elect end using Al Edens kit. I know the oil pick up is different and pan. Any advice would be helpful Thanks Ken

search the forums for "mv18" and you'll get a list of hits for posts by country such as this one: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=106349&SearchTerms=mv18 He did the conversion.

Thanks did some reading on this the other day. I am sure I can do it. Just do not have the time right now. Have to talk to the owner though. She says she has a 3310 or something along those lines. Been in a storage trailer for 20 something years. Blew the motor when it was almost new and has been there since.

I did do this, and so far it is working great. Ken did get in contact with me. I'm trying to finish a nice long write up with pictures I did for it explaining what I did step by step. Now I have a reason to spend time finishing it, so I can share it with someone else. Ken, feel free to send me a reminder on occasion to make sure I finish this.

• 2 weeks later...
I have my reference document complete, but need to figure out how and where to post it. I have it as a Word file and a PDF file, and it's 44 pages long. The file size is quite large. Any suggestions?

• 10 years later...