Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlords~ Good Haul

78kitty

Check out my latest additions. Another great Craigslist find! The seller said the 101 was his grandfather's and he bought the other one (turned out to be a 9hp Landlord) as parts to get the right hub for the 101 although it ran but not well when he got it. It looks fairly complete and original, with the 9HP Brigg's 23D still on it. The 101 was said to run well, but he couldn’t get it started after it sat a few months. He was going to mess with it, but I told him not to worry about it because he was just going to put in new fuel, change plug & then start feeding it ether. After getting it home I charged the battery, installed fresh fuel & in-line filter, champion J19 plug, it fired right up, and I backed it off the trailer. So far it runs great, but battery is very weak and will need replaced. The lights even work (one does, the other would but bulb is burnt out). Note- I think the light bar might be on upside down. I've always liked the looks of these tractors, but was never particularly drawn to them. However, after getting the 101 going and driving it... I LOVE it! This tractor seems so nimble and there's some mystique to it. Maybe because it's creeping up on 50 years old, or that it was built in the post WWII era when quality manufacturing was common. Either way I'm keeping it, and can't wait to mow and try the tiller / cultivator! Included in the package was the ‘65 or ‘66 Landlord 101 with original manual, ?’64 9HP Landlord “parts” tractor I don’t think I can bring myself to use parts from and will probably put it back together, 2 nice 42” mowers, 2 nice dozer blades but only 1 has hitch, nice 32” tiller, tire chains, homemade wheel weights, nice rear mounted cultivator, and a manual for a sickle-bar mower that he didn’t get.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the attachments especially to have very little use and not much rust. Both the Landlords seem fairly original and not all hacked up from what I've seen so far. I love attachments and this deal did come with a few nice things that I'll also use. Soon be time to start getting the garden ready and mowing.