Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

chappy

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just signed up on this forum today, and was very excited to find it. I will post pics when I get some. Basically I have a 1966 Simplicity Landlord 2010 that my Grandfather purchased new. Right now it is stored under my garage, and my 27 year old son and I have decided to start the restoration process. She runs, but rough and smokes. Most likely needs a piston and valve job. Wheel bearings are shot in the rearend, and the steering is loose. Over the years this tractor has tilled many acres of land, blown tons of snow, and cut countless cords of wood. A testament to this brand and model, because as a young boy I beat the crap out of this tractor, and it's still in one piece. Chappy Southwestern, Maine

Welcome to the forum Chappy, I know you will receive a ton of info and expert advice. It will be the best $10.00 you ever spent to join the club and become a member. Many more forums and insights as a member. Hotwire 7434

Glen, Welcome to the Club. I am just around the corner from you. I live in Oxford Hills area. You will find several memebers in Western and Southern Maine. Please note you are not allowed to post pictures or links to pictures till you become a member. Rick.......

Great to have you here. You will find a ton of information on this site and the people are very helpful. It would be great to see some pics of your tractor and only costs $10 per year to become a member and post pics. You would also have access to many areas of the site that you cannot currently view. You mentioned that your tractor has cut countless cords of wood...do you have a buzz saw for it or was it used with a trailer for hauling the wood? Dan

Glen, If you click on Club Home in the banner (top left) you will see a link to pay dues. That link will allow you to pay dues with a credit card. If you prefer you can pay by check, just will have to mail your check to the Treasurer. Mailing a check, while it works, usually takes a week or more. Rick.......

quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
Great to have you here. You will find a ton of information on this site and the people are very helpful. It would be great to see some pics of your tractor and only costs $10 per year to become a member and post pics. You would also have access to many areas of the site that you cannot currently view. You mentioned that your tractor has cut countless cords of wood...do you have a buzz saw for it or was it used with a trailer for hauling the wood? Dan
OK, I did the membership thing. I'm official now. Dan, I have a cord wood saw that runs off the front pulley. Haven't used it for a few years but still have the saw. We used to have a tiller and snowblower with it. Both are gone now. Once I get the tractor restored we will be on the lookout for another snowblower.

quote:
Originally posted by chappy
quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
OK, I did the membership thing. I'm official now. Dan, I have a cord wood saw that runs off the front pulley. Haven't used it for a few years but still have the saw. We used to have a tiller and snowblower with it. Both are gone now. Once I get the tractor restored we will be on the lookout for another snowblower.
Welcome Glen, Now I will be right here waiting patiently for pictures of your saw. :D

Welcome Glen! Hate to sound like a broken record, but you will really enjoy this site and also the info you can get here is worth WAY MORE than the dues. These guys are really knowledgable about the Simplicity-Allis Chalmers- Homelite- penneys- deutz etc. etc. tractors and equipment. Also note there is a classified section, so when you want to look for that snowblower, start with a wanted ad there and check out the for sale ones as well. Again, welcome! Steve

Well said above
  • Welcome
  • We need pictures
  • Best $10 investment you could make
  • Lots of great info and good people
But now tell us please, did you have to dig that tractor out from under the garage with a shovel?:D;) Welcome, Greg

Add from WI, welcome to the club. Will find great info, some level of humor (LOL) and people with a passion to make it last, improve and modify, and enjoy each others company.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate all of the replies and welcomes. I am on a similar sight for Polaris as I have a side by side RZR. As for the storage, I have a 30'x30' garage that was built on a hill so to speak, and has 6-7' height on the backside underneath. I keep my RZR under there, and lots of other stuff along with the tractor. It's a dirt floor down there but everything sets on wooden pallets. We are going to drag the Simplicity out in a couple of weeks, and will get some pics before we start any projects. Started it last summer, so she runs, but as I said wheel bearings are shot, and squeals pretty hard when you start driving it. Smokes like a banchee, so keeps the bugs away. sm01 Will keep you all posted..... Glen aka/Chappy

Welcome to the forum, I got so much help when I joined, regarding a re powering of a 7117, I committed to documenting the re power when I did it, to give something back. it felt good to recieve and to give back.