Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just bought a simplicity 7790

Kingsnake

I Just picked up a 7790 with a lombardini diesel. I am having trouble finding parts for this engine. All I really need is basic stuff like a oil filter, fuel filter, air cleaner. Any suggestions where I can pick this stuff up. Thanks

Lombardini is now owned by Kohler. Any Kohler dealer should be able to get you parts. The oil filter is washable and reuseable. The fuel filter you should be able to get at an auto parts dealer like NAPA. Sandy Lake implements can get the air filters. Airfilter Part # is 2175048 Tranny Filter NAPA Gold 1068 or wix 51068 1650954

I did got the tractor form a guy in Rockford. It has a snow blower and a cab. I removed the snow equipment so i can get the tractor ready for spring work. Our big snows should be over for the year. I hope. What do i have to do to join the club and what are the benefits of joining. The tractor has 455 hours on it and is ver clean. You can tell it has been taken care of.

Have a look at the posting titled "New member" by Chappy, you'll see a discussion of benefits (much more access) and how to join. Welcome to the site, hope to see you around.

Thanks for the help guys. I called sandy lake and I have parts on the way. I think I will join when I get to my computer. I'm on my blackberry right now. After I join I will get some pics up.

Does any one have an engine manual they can email me, I need to change the oil and other mantience, but I dont want to jump into it with out a manual. Also how many hours before i need to replace the oil filter, I have been told it can be cleaned.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Well Mike you lost the diesel you was wanting!
Yep Ray, thats twice I lost that one!:D:D:D Thats ok, there is always another...

i know him(through buying and selling tractors)..he seems like a pretty good guy..he usually comes across some nice stuff...i believe he drove to green bay for that one...i looked at it when he got it and it was one of the nicest original i've seen...great pickup on that one!!!!

There's one up here in MI...big coin though. Been listed over and over for 6 months or better. What's a 'good' price on one? http://nmi.craigslist.org/grd/2220011405.html

quote:
Originally posted by sbull78
i know him(through buying and selling tractors)..he seems like a pretty good guy..he usually comes across some nice stuff...i believe he drove to green bay for that one...i looked at it when he got it and it was one of the nicest original i've seen...great pickup on that one!!!!
Sheboygan...

I got the new air filter on my 7790 and she runs better than a new one. very smooth and no smoke. I am looking for different attachments for it and i wanted to know how to look up attachment numbers to see if they will go on my tractor.

I was also wondering why the fuel filter that sandy lake sent me was longer than the one mounted to the side of the engine. I havent changed it yet but holding them next to one another the new filter is about a third longer than the one on my tractor now.

• 2 weeks later...
I have all my fluids changed and i ready to go, i just wanted to know how you guys clean your cooling fins, i took the front cover off no problem but the side cover was attached behind the starter. Also how often do you guys clean your cooling fins. NOTE Im gonna mow grass with this tractor.

I use some wire, carb cleaner, and compressed air. It is important to keep the fins clean. While I (like many others) tend to buy 'distressed' tractors because they are cheaper, three out of the four Lombardini's I have had the front cylinder down on compression due to overheating from the fins being plugged. This is more of an issue with grass cutting tractors than those used mainly for snowblowing.

I think most of the hours on this tractor have been snow removal. It has 456 hours on it. My main question was do you take the covers completely off to clean the cooling fins also how often should i be cleaning the fins if Im mowing with this tractor.

John, For this tractor it is very important to keep the fins clean. UCD has a 7790 that has only been used for snow blowing. That motor has over 5,000 hours on it with no trouble. I am sure he will jump in to confirm this. UCD is a great source of information concerning this tractor. If the fins are not kept clean the motor will overhead. Rick.........

John, The answer to your question is 'it depends'. You will need to make sure the fins are clean and dry in the first place. That will probably mean taking all the shields and maybe the intake and exhaust manifolds off the first time. Thereafter, depending on frequency of cleaning and whether there are oil or fuel leaks, you may or may not need to remove some or all of the shields/manifolds. My experience is that they all seem to leak some. It may have to do with the diesel's increased vibration.

From what I could see they looked pretty dry and clean. Again I didn't get the side cover off the engine doesn't seem to leak much. Should I be concerned about light oily grime and dirt or just grass and larger grass clippings.