Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity85

1964 Landlord engine problem

Simplicity85
Well For all you guys who know the user Clyde On here I bought his 64 LL and I used it for a long time then the axle seal Broke and i let it sit for a long time. well after 5 moths I added gas to it and let it sit and I wanted to move it well I see the carb and muffler leaking gas. What could be the problem thanks Let me know.

perry
never seen the muffler leak gas. is this while you are trying to start it ?. or did you just add gas and watch it start flowing ?. if just sitting that would mean the gas is continuously flowing and filling up the carb up into the cylinder causing the gas to leak into the oil and out the exhaust port. BUT gravity would not allow that to happen and the gas will leak out the carb before it go's up into the cylinder. unless your excessively cranking it over. clean the fuel system out. i got a few things from clyde also when he lived in MI. very nice guy. i think he moved back to your side of town.

Simplicity85
quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Sounds like a float problem with the carb, With the exhaust I think you might have a loose muffler belt.^
Yeah I have to take a look at it more BTW your funny hahaha 8D