Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
perry

FDT ground speed

perry
you guys who own more than one FDT ever notice a difference in ground speed from one tractor to the other ?. out of my whole fleet my 2010 is the fastest out of them all. dont know why ?. been that way from stock pulley and even when i changed to a HI-LO set up, or when i change from my summer 6-12 AG's to winter 12-7.50 turfs it's still faster than the others.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/springtooth001.jpg[/img]

timflury
I can only drive one tractor at a time Perry:D:D:D Could it be different gear ratios in the transaxles?? Seems that the trannies evolved right along with the engines over the years. Yet another testament to the exellent engineering that went into these tractors.

rokon2813
I have noticed, but I think it has to do with RPM. Unless you put a tach on each one I doubt they are all running the same. I'm sure a couple hundred RPM difference would make a noticable difference in ground speed. I looked thru Simp and A/C specs for any I could find, and all the round hood models say 6.0 mph, including the 725, landlord, 101, 2210, b10, b12, and that is also with or without the hi low option. After the round hoods, they do get progressively faster as they get newer, with the variables slightly faster than the 3 speeds, and the hydros a little faster yet.