Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3 Belt Blower, 990175 on Big 10

larry8200

Just wanted to see what shape it was in, excellent just like the rest. sm01 Took an hour to mount it and check it out, then ran it for about 45 minuites. Everything here is packed snowbanks and ice, couldn't give it a fair tryout. :(! But seat time is seat time, especially when it's a nice seat! :D:D:D I can see where these blowers could get annoying.... Sickle bar is next, wonder how it will do on icecicles?

I had issues with mine, turned out the front belt tensioner was seized. I tore everything apart, lubes everything, tightened the chain, put on all new belts, adjusted the belts and the thing is a monster now :). No issues, no complaints cuts right into snow banks. Still want to try th 42" single belt some day.

Real neat looking pictures, great close ups (the best I've seen!). I wonder has anyone tried to hook up a single belt from the mid-mount PTO? with the correct hitch it looks like it would work. jh

Great pictures of the 3 belt snowblower. I have a 3 belt snowblower from a Simplicity 725,that's how they go on the tractor?sm00 Karl

quote:
Originally posted by Karl_Brandt
Great pictures of the 3 belt snowblower. I have a 3 belt snowblower from a Simplicity 725,that's how they go on the tractor?sm00 Karl
The 990175 36" Rotary Snow Thrower shown is made for the 725 but should fit any large frame FDT. This is the first time I've touched it, and it went right on and works great. The engagement handle leaves a little to be desired, but it's Simplicity's first tractor mounted snowblower and for that I'd say it's pretty fine. sm01

i have one of them there allis three belts laying around. never used it, have a orignal manual for too. maybe ill have to try it out sometime. idk got to have a few more running anyway. looking good larry!

Great job Larry, and nice looking set up! I really appreciate the detailed pics. I've always wondered how those went on. Someday I might try something like this for one of my Landlords!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts