Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord 101 Lightbar & bulb question

78kitty

These lights look screwed up to me. Is the light bar on upside down, bent, or???? Also 1 bulb is burnt out. Can someone tell me the modern equivalent bulb # for replacement and if they're readily available (I was thinking Tractor Supply Co., TSC)?

Headlights are out whack for sure, measure from bar end to an equal point on both sides on level ground use the ground should measure same both sides. The bars do get bent from time to time. Right side looks good need a corresponding left side view! The headlights bend too! Be careful with the headlights as the housings can break!

The number should be on the back of the bulb. Probably a 4411. There are several bulbs that you can use. Check below. It is a table I made up several years ago of the available bulbs that could be used on these tractors.

Couple, off topic questions... Did that machine wear a HiLo kit? Looks like the HiLo sticker on the front/right of the seat pan. Do you run a sickle mower with it? I see the pulley mount, but no pulley. Any chance you could take a pic of how the upper grill portion mounts to the tractor? I have an install to do, and not sure how they mount. Nice rig...101's are one of my favorites! If it makes u feel better, my light bar is bent far worse! =]

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Couple, off topic questions... Did that machine wear a HiLo kit? Looks like the HiLo sticker on the front/right of the seat pan. Do you run a sickle mower with it? I see the pulley mount, but no pulley. Any chance you could take a pic of how the upper grill portion mounts to the tractor? I have an install to do, and not sure how they mount. Nice rig...101's are one of my favorites! If it makes u feel better, my light bar is bent far worse! =]
Talntedmrgreen- - I was told it never had the hi-lo kit just the sticker (possibly came on all of them?). I bought this off the original owner, or near original owners grandson or great grandson who is probably 30 or so years old. - It had a sickle bar & that's one of the original manuals I got with the tractor, however the seller told me he didn't get the sickle bar when he inherited the tractor. Who knows what happened to it, but I doubt he would've given me the original manual if he had it stashed or already sold it he would've given it to them. - No prob on the pic. If I don't get it soon, just shoot me a PM or something to remind me.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Any chance you could take a pic of how the upper grill portion mounts to the tractor? I have an install to do, and not sure how they mount.
Sorry for the delay, but here's the pics. As you can see my upper grill-screen is bent. Also the pics may show someone familiar with these where my light-bar is bent. If you need another angle or anything let me know. Hope they help!

Thanks! Your upper grill is much more complete than mine...all I have si the screen and badge. No edging or center support, but this is exactly what I needed to see. My other 101 has the light bar, and is bent like yours, but a touch worse. This is a helpful thread! Little things like this are often overlooked, and I'm looking to do a complete tear down and restoration on my 'rough' 101. I've seen upper grills get $40+ on ebay, so I'd like to make mine work =] The nice one...
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0062.jpg[/img]
The 'rough' one...
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0070.jpg[/img]
Josh

• 4 weeks later...
@talntedmrgreen: NICE TRACTORS let me know how you're doing fixing them. I can't blame you for saving the $40 and straightening it yourself. I will probably do that too!

=] Actually, I don't have any 101's or my 2012 anymore! Sold the 2012 and the 101 pictured with teh blower to friends. The rough 101 with HiLo donated most of it's guts to a couple other machines. I basically only have the frame, BGB and engine left. I have a nice, complete Big Ten I'm just about ready to tear down for a restoration...with any luck it will be wearing an L10 loader too sm01
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0105.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/pallet.jpg[/img]

Josh, Would you mind I come up some day and get some measurements off the that loader? I could make it if I had some measurements.

Not at all...it will be heading to get blasted here sometime soon, with my Big Ten components, but Im sure we can work something out. You still have a tiller with pto?

I told him to get moving on ssomething...I sold mine too. I should see the loader delivered to the dock at work on Monday. I want to get this Big Ten knocked out so I can work play with it, so I might be heading to the blaster on Tuesday to get that moving. Not sure how busy he is...he has had smaller projects back to me same-day. I figure a week or two for the mess I'm dropping off to him.

• 9 years later...

Does anybody know if light bar dimensions have been posted? I was thinking about fabricating one to use until I can find an original.