Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDPT= Foot Dragger Pedal Tractor Big Ten

D10-Allis

This is my worst and it is still to nice to keep outside, it came home with no engine and that's the way it will stay, it happens to be my current project and this one will live again.:D ( This was from worst tractor you brought home forum)
This was a parts tractor I bought that was sitting outside a shed the tractor had frozen steering, frozen implement lift, cracked axel tube and a junk bevel gear box, and no engine, the engine in the picture is from my Big Ten Diesel conversion. Most parts I reused others I made.

Other parts came from this 10 speed bike

This was the fun part of the project because I hate spokes.ngr2

front half is basically done, now to the backhalf.

Belt spins and goes round and round while pedaling

The implement lift lever is now hooked to the brake band because pedaling backwards on a 10-speed equals no stop.sm00

pushing the Implement lever forward to the notch also acts as a parking brake.

a spare axle tube was cut in half.

while working on this project I found out all my tractors have the rare hard to find Hi-Lo, here its shown in the Low position

and here its shown in the Hi position

These levers are now replaced with the ones below, everything hooked right up and only trimed about an inch off the outside of each cable. The top lever (throttle) runs the back derailer, and the bottom one (choke) runs the front derailer.;)

Side panels were cut to fill the void and a different hood, dash panel, and seat were bought on e-bay. The previous owner tried to fit a car battery in by cutting the hood and bending the dash...didn't work so he gave er a spot weld.

working on getting better Images for the panels, these will do for now.

See you at the Show! dOd

That is really cool! That would look awesome painted real purdy and then brought to a show with a sled behind it. Are the pedals close enough to the driver or do you need to stretch to get to them? Dan

I started this project in early December and was working 45 hr weeks, January was a little different we've been on 55hr plus weeks all year, If I could get just one thing done a night I figured I could get this done, come home say hi to wife and kids, eat, log on to simpletractors, GO OUT TO THE GARAGE, come back in say hi again, log on and then say goodnight, needless to say 6.5 hours of sleep is not enough. sm00 The pedals are in the same spot, if you could reach the clutch/brake before you can pedal the tractor. and I will be pulling the yellow dump cart. Thought about making it real Purdy but then it turns into a Look and don't touch tractor and..... is that a scratch I see.

I made one out of a 727 I use it in adult pedal tractor pulls.I used the original transmission and drove it with a # 40 chain.I have had over 300 pounds on the sled and have stopped almost everybody. Bob

now that is some nice work there . But If it goes to plow day I want to see it in action so we can see how it will plow if the operator can make it go lol

thats a very interesting build 8D. i would think that would be alot of weight to pedal around ?. but i guess with the 10-speed gears it will help. i dont think my short weak legs could pedal it :D.

That is awesomeness. As a mountain bike racer I would love to try that out and see what kinda horsepower it would take to plow some snow:D

Really cool probably going to need "water bottle" holder though very nice job thanks for pictures

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts