Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

lug Tires

RayS

Does anyone have this tire on there tractor? It is a Carlisle AT101 Chevron 24x12.00 -12 4PR BSW. I like the wider width. I wish they still made the Super Lug Carlisle. I kind of like the Hi Run tire. It says it is made in New Zealand on the side wall. It kind of looks like they used the same mold as the Carlisle Super lug. Below is a link and picture. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tires/outdoor-equipment-tires/hi-run-super-lug-tire-23-x-10-5---12-0303181

Below is a comparison of the tru power, super lug and deestone-Nanko tire. The Hi-Run looks like the Super lug to me.

I know where I can get the Hi-Run Super lug tire for $69.99 but am curious about that cheveron tire. I like the bigger size, I just not sure about the look. It kind of looks like the tires used on Grass Hopper zero turn mowers. Any opinion would be appreciated. The Deestone - Nanko are out of the question. I bought a set had them installed and ended up taking them back because they are shorter than there advertized height. Evidently they don`t know what 23" heigth is in China.

I think I had the superlugs on my snow machine....but all I ever did was drive it. Ron Hribar was the one who installed them...I think he has to run wheel extensions, but like I said, I never had to actually get under it and work on it.

I have the correct rims. I have a set of solid dish rear rims that are off of a B 112 I believe. Those are a 10" wide rim instead of the 7.5" that are normally used.

I believe the Hi-Run from TSC are the same mold as the Carlilse Super lug. I think I have read that some where and they are a little cheaper.

The AT101 do look like the tires used on the Grass Hoppers. a tractor puller tried a tire that looked like that, I did not pay much attention to the brand and model. They did not work well for pulling. I have found that for most applications that a soft sidewall with a stiff face works best. You can add air to stiffen the sidewalls if needed without "ballooning" the face. I know the tires on the Grass Hoppers and pretty spongy.

check this out. good price's and i herd they are fast shipping - [url]http://www.greaterclevelandtire.com/servlet/the-Super-Lug%2C-AG%2C-Big-Biter-Tires/s/1/Categories[/url]

How can I make an assessment of what is the better ag tire. I have a pair of 45 year old Goodyear's on my Jim Dandy that will probably fail from rot long after I am gone. My other 4 pair of assorted tires are on heck of a lot newer.:D

I have been nothing but pleased/amazed with my trupowers. The flat look is great and lots of contact patch with the stock rims. The trupowers fit so perfect on the rims the bead and rim are flush... not like the huge bead gap on the turf savers and masters I have.

If anyone is interested I have a line on some fabricators over stock Carlisle True Power 23x10.5x12 Mounted on Wheel (new). Great price $50 each.

They did have 14 sets when we picked these up a few weeks ago. There shipping is a little high. But there close enough for my friend Bob and I to drive to. I love the 23x12x12 as well but this is such a great price I had to get 2 sets.

I have a set of 23x10.5x12 Carlisle Super lugs that have never been mounted. Bought them from a local dealer but do not have the proper rims for the 10.5's. Need to get the correct rims or get 8.5's for my existing rims. I have been told the super lugs are shorter as well, but cannot say for sure. Heard a lot of positives about the True Powers but again have no real experience with them. I think I personally would be satisfied with any of the true ag lug tires but am not really a fan of the ATV style tires that many are using, but that is just my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
I have been told the super lugs are shorter as well, but cannot say for sure.
I have the Carlisle 23/10.5/12 Super Lugs's on my Landlord and had an original set of 23/8.5/12 Power Lugs prior to that. The overall diameter is identical. I just got the wide rims back the other day from the powder coater so they're white to match. :D I can't wait to get the tractor back together.

quote:
Originally posted by perry
check this out. good price's and i herd they are fast shipping - [url]http://www.greaterclevelandtire.com/servlet/the-Super-Lug%2C-AG%2C-Big-Biter-Tires/s/1/Categories[/url]
Yes, those are good prices. I need to jump on a pair of those for my HB-212.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
I believe the Hi-Run from TSC are the same mold as the Carlilse Super lug. I think I have read that some where and they are a little cheaper.
They are very similar but not the same. Two years ago I was looking for the super lugs and TSC tried selling me one super lug and one hi-run. No way, I could tell the differences a mile away when you put them side buy side. The hi-run bars were at a less aggressive angle. Raked back more, I think it allowed them to have one less bar on the tire.

• 1 month later...