Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MowerMechanic

price check/opinion's

MowerMechanic
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/grd/2214920385.html Talked to the gentlemen this morning. He was not at his house when i talked to him so he couldn't answer a whole lot about it. "not a simplicity guy" He was unsure if it was a 707 717 or 727 but it is a broadmoor. He said it has high,low and reverse on the shift pattern,a perforated grill and no electric starter, just the pull start. He was lost when i was asking about the high low option so i am assuming that this is a 707? He has no deck for it. give me your opinion's guys. I kinda want the blade for my boy's 717 but not for $250 bones. If the tractor was a bit better optioned i might go for it. I am undecided, help me decide please :D

timflury
It's an early Broadmoor. Two speed transaxle, most likely no HiLo pulley. I would give $100.00 at best. "ran and been parked under cover since I tried starting it a few monthsd back and now wont start. Has no spark." It would need minimum a major tune up and oil change before attempting toi run the engine.

Burntime
Wow, did he just pull it out of the tall weeds?:D Looks pretty rough. I would say 100 bucks for the tractor. A little more if you really want the blade. There are a lot of these little guys out there.

MowerMechanic
quote:
There are a lot of these little guys out there.
The problem is not around hereXX( do a search in Bellingham washington for simplicity's and there is almost nothing. Only about half a dozen pop up a year so i always consider the one's that do

SmilinSam
$100 would be plenty. There was a guy over in the county seat a year ago that had a Yeoman 637 electric start with a mower, blower, blade, wheel weights, rear weight and 2 collars that was asking $250. It even looked good.. So $250 can and will buy a whole lot better ..I keep wondering why I didnt buy itB)

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
$100 would be plenty. There was a guy over in the county seat a year ago that had a Yeoman 637 electric start' It even looked good.. So $250 can and will buy a whole lot better ..I keep wondering why I didnt buy itB)
What would you do for the other foot?:D:D

MowerMechanic
quote:
I've heard Simplicity's are pretty rare in the northwest. Assuming thats true, if you want to mow with it, a mower deck may be difficult to find.
2 1/2 years i have found one deck and it was [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]