Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

price check/opinion's

MowerMechanic

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/grd/2214920385.html Talked to the gentlemen this morning. He was not at his house when i talked to him so he couldn't answer a whole lot about it. "not a simplicity guy" He was unsure if it was a 707 717 or 727 but it is a broadmoor. He said it has high,low and reverse on the shift pattern,a perforated grill and no electric starter, just the pull start. He was lost when i was asking about the high low option so i am assuming that this is a 707? He has no deck for it. give me your opinion's guys. I kinda want the blade for my boy's 717 but not for $250 bones. If the tractor was a bit better optioned i might go for it. I am undecided, help me decide please :D

It's an early Broadmoor. Two speed transaxle, most likely no HiLo pulley. I would give $100.00 at best. "ran and been parked under cover since I tried starting it a few monthsd back and now wont start. Has no spark." It would need minimum a major tune up and oil change before attempting toi run the engine.

Wow, did he just pull it out of the tall weeds?:D Looks pretty rough. I would say 100 bucks for the tractor. A little more if you really want the blade. There are a lot of these little guys out there.

quote:
There are a lot of these little guys out there.
The problem is not around hereXX( do a search in Bellingham washington for simplicity's and there is almost nothing. Only about half a dozen pop up a year so i always consider the one's that do

$100 would be plenty. There was a guy over in the county seat a year ago that had a Yeoman 637 electric start with a mower, blower, blade, wheel weights, rear weight and 2 collars that was asking $250. It even looked good.. So $250 can and will buy a whole lot better ..I keep wondering why I didnt buy itB)

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
$100 would be plenty. There was a guy over in the county seat a year ago that had a Yeoman 637 electric start' It even looked good.. So $250 can and will buy a whole lot better ..I keep wondering why I didnt buy itB)
What would you do for the other foot?:D:D

I've heard Simplicity's are pretty rare in the northwest. Assuming thats true, if you want to mow with it, a mower deck may be difficult to find.

quote:
I've heard Simplicity's are pretty rare in the northwest. Assuming thats true, if you want to mow with it, a mower deck may be difficult to find.
2 1/2 years i have found one deck and it was [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]