Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower roller shaft repair 42"

briggsetc

Time to spruce up the 990285 42" deck on my 64 LL. I have a LOT of wear on the front, short roller set, shaft and the brackets it goes into. Mine is so worn I can't tell if it originally had clips on each end even though the cotter pins and washers on the inside of each roller keep it in place. Or it is a straight plain shaft. The left bracket is p/n 2108224 around 14 bucks. Here is my problem ... The right bracket and the shaft carry the same p/n ??? The R bracket started out as 2108223 but s/s to 2108426 {$ 24} the shaft 108225 also was ss to that same # 2108426. What gives ?? I have a feeling maybe the R bracket and shaft come as an assy now, the shaft is welded or pressed into the bracket...maybe. I checked those #s in 2 places with the same results. I see Jacks does call it an assembly. Just want to get the right part the first time. Gary

THANKS ALL !! At around 50 bucks it is not worth welding etc the hogged out holes. I WILL make sure I order the parts from a site sponsor, even if a few bucks more. Gary