Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

powermax 9020 another one saved

wovennut

My 15 year old son is taking auto mechanics next year in school. We went to the scrap yard and low and behold we found a 9020. We completely disassembled it and sandblasted and painted it in about three weeks in the evenings. It was a great father and son project. I think he learned alot from this experience.

Everything runs great except for the rear pto. I put new switches on and need to do some trouble shooting to see what is the matter. I also got a 60" mower that we are painting this week.

This is my struck m1612 I just restored. I've owned it for ten years and finally got the chance to redo it. It runs great. I have a blade and front bucket for it. The struck and powermax may be for sale in the near future. My son will be driving soon and you know what that means.

quote:
Originally posted by wovennut
Everything runs great except for the rear pto. I put new switches on and need to do some trouble shooting to see what is the matter. I also got a 60" mower that we are painting this week.
Defective electric clutch is a very common problem on these tractors, I would test it before anything else. Dan

You guys did a fantastic job. What paint did you use? My son and I restored a '68 Camaro, it was a real bonding experience for both of us. I can see what's in your future! John U

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
    • Tom45
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts