Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T-10

rfsmith1952

Hi, New member Bob Smith, from Pottsville, Pennsylvania. I recently bought a Homelite T-10, which I believe was built by Allis or Simplicity in the early 70's. It's a 10hp briggs powered. Can anyone tell me what Simplicity or Allis Model it would match up with? Kinda looks like and Allis B-10, or a Simplicity 7010. I have a plow on it and it is an ox for pushing snow.I'm looking for the front PTO powered snowblower yet. Thanks, and hello all! Bob

Thanks. I did that. It looks like a 3410 or a 7010. I couldn't figure out the Allis cross reference. Thanks. I learn more every day.

Robert, Welcome to the club. Your Homelite probably looks something like this:

And it's if it's similar to my Homelite T-12 it looks similar to this:

My T-12 is an early A/C built T-12 with electric lift and hydro transmission. Note the deck idler pulleys on the front; the later A/C built Homelites have a different idler setup. Even later Homelites were built by Simplicity and don't look like the A/C built ones; they have left discharge decks and don't have a front electric PTO. See this post by Gary for a link to A/C built Homelite manuals: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=115464 Finding a snowblower for an A/C built Homelite is almost impossible. I looked for one for years. The problem is the hitch between the snowblower head and the tractor; that's what you can't find. It looks like this (pic from SmilinSam):

I gave up trying to find one and mounted a Simplicity blower on my T-12; here's the post I wrote about it: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24447

Thanks Bill, I'll put some pix up. But based on your photos, I'll say my Homelite T-10 is not AC built, but Simplicity built. Your right about the hitch. I've seen them for the mid pto and even the rear pto, but not the front PTO. I did pick up the front PTO. It is a manual clutch. I'll find a blower sooner or later.

Nando, thanks. I was beginning to think you all were in wisconsin! My Homelite looks like your tractor on the far left, only it's blue and white, and has an exhaust that sticks about four feet straight up.

If it is a Simplicity built Homelite it will be like the T13 that I got parts from. It will be the same as a Simplicity 7010 or an AC 710. On those Homelites the hood is essentially the only thing that is different from the Simps or ACs. The complete hoods will interchange, but the grilles are different. As far as I can tell that is the only difference. If you use a Simplicity manual for parts, just make sure to get a manual from a tractor with the same transmission. The T13 that I got parts from had a shuttle transmission, so I used the manual from a Simplicity 7013S. I actually turned the tractor into an AC 713S which was never built from the factory. The hood and fenders and frame I used were from an AC. I didn't get the Homelite hood. Even though the Homelite was built by Simplicity, the Homelite grille had horizontal bars, the Simplicity grille has a grid with bars crossing, and the AC grille has no bars. Here is a picture of me driving the tractor that was built with a combination of AC and Homelite parts. The transmission and the dash tower on this one came from the Simplicity built Homelite, so I know the parts are interchangeable.

You know Bill, I looked for that hitch a couple of months ago and couldnt find it anywhere. Got the blower, so one would think I'd still have the hitch....but its not here. Might have sold it...CRSsm00 Bob, thats a simplicity unit. There gobs of blowers that fit that tractor around, most are simplicity red though. All you'd need is a clutch for the front of the engine to run one. I usually opted to put a electric clutch on if the tractor has the charging system for it. Otherwise you will have to dredge up a manual clutch that was made for the tractor. They are a little harder to find and run around $100 or so.

Thansk for the ID. I did find the front PTO with manual clutch, I haven't put it on yet. By those pix, can you tell me if the PTO to run the deck (Mid PTO)is there? I don't see it, just a constantly turning shaft on the tractor's left side.

Welcome!d:) BGB is the bevel gear box, the gearbox that runs the mid PTO, and runs off the engine driveshaft. I see the shaft, but no clutch assembly for the mid PTO.

Thanks, goatfarmer. Bevel Gear Box. Got it. I am seeing what you are seeing, now, so thanks. Don't really need the mid PTO, but at least I see now kinda how it would work. Thanks. Bob

Thanks, EZ. I believe the stack is empty though; louder than all get out when it's running. I can't hear diddley anyway, so it's okay with me.

rfsmith 1952 Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new here myself. I have 2 Homelite T-16H. One since it was new and the other I just picked up this winter. I also probavly have owners manuals and parts manual for them. Did you get these for yours? I just saw a blower and mule drive on CL last week. Can't remember where it was though. Nice looking unit. What did you give for it if I can ask. Enjoy thr forum and infromation.Roger

Thanks Roger, I gave 500 for it. Since then I put in a new battery at 40, had the plow welded up a bit at 85, the front PTO was 100, and a new spark plug. I'm willing to go 100 to 200 for a blower and/or a tiller. I picked up the manuals online, right here from the club documents. What is CL? Bob

Craigs List. The guy here wanta $400. for the blower and woun't budge. It needs probably $150.00in repairs. May know where there is a tiller for it came off a Homelite T-8. Not sure if he still has it or not. Looks like you will need a rear lift for it also, if you are going to put a tiller on it. I believe the rear lift works via a cable. I know there are guys here that have made their own, so some one will be able to show you how. Sounds like you got a good deal on it. Godd luck with it. Let me know if I can help youat all. Roger

Thanks John. I see spots on the ground after I plow, can't tell if it's gas, oil, or gear oil. What would the BGB take? 90w Gear oil?