Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

front wheel weights

perry

Yes, 990449 weights are also used on the front of the Landlord and Sovereign tractors. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arL4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

they would have to be for the later models since the early FDT's dont have the holes in the rims ?. thats what the front counter weight was for ?.

I've seen them on front wheels, but have always guessed that the owners simply created their own holes. I've thought about it...it would aid in traction. My loss would be in my ability to plow 'up and over' snow banks. When I switched to a 46" trip blade, the added weight made this almost impossible without the right snow.

Those wheel weights are about 35# each and can be used on 8" rims, either the fronts of the large frame tractors or the rears of the small frames. I use the four of mine for counterweight in the bed of my F-350 (along with two each of stingers and collars and a front counterweight plus a bunch more stuff) when I have the snow plow on the front....