Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 886 48" mower deck

larry8200

Larry, Not to derail your post, but is that an old Craftsman table saw in the back ground of the first picture? I have one which looks very similar to that. Rick......

quote:
Originally posted by RickS
Larry, Not to derail your post, but is that an old Craftsman table saw in the back ground of the first picture? I have one which looks very similar to that. Rick......
It is a ancient "Sears Dunlap" with a tilting top instead of a blade. It's my "portabl".

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Nice deck Larry, What's the underside look like???:D
I picked this deck up 3 years ago for the princely sum of $200. It was rust and abuse free and had new blades, belts and rollers. All of the threaded holes for the belt covers are in good shape. I grease them on the bottom after putting the covers on and wire brush the threads before removing them. OCD!!! BUT this deck is about as good as it gets. :D

looks great!!i did a 48inch deck just like it about 3 yrs ago and it still looks really good...nice work larry, it looks like it will last you a long, long time:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• A-C_220
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply