Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

problem with electric clutch on 314 H

mhorn78

i am new on here and hoping to find some help on the 314H that i just bought.the problem seems to be the electric clutch is engaged all the time.right now i have a mid mount grader blade and a tiller on it so i need to know what to look for to fix this.any help will be greatly appreciated

Michael, First welcome to the club. As to your problem. If you're lucky, +12v is being applied to the electric clutch coil due to a bad switch, PO wiring, etc. Disconnect the wire to the clutch coil, if it has constant power, you should hear it disengage. Apply +12v manually from the battery, you should hear it "pull in". If it's not an electrical issue, then it's mechanical and you'll have to tear into it to figure out what's wrong. Some posts I've written in the past should help you. You can find them at: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110112 Good luck troubleshooting and let us know what you find. Pictures are always helpful when asking a question. You can post pics by using the paperclip icon in the "Format" section above the typing area when you start a topic or reply.

messed with it yesterday and found the switch is working,so i guess i will have to tear into it some more.i am getting a 310 parts tractor today,and was told by the local allis/simplicity dealer the pto parts are interchangable,so we will see what happens.i forgot my friends mom and dad own this dealership so may work out great for me