Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
moparharn

Correct snow blower for 1968 B-110

moparharn
Does anyone have a picture of the correct snow blower for a 1968 B-110? I was also wondering what other blowers could be used on my B-110. I have a three belt currently which is apparently for a 1960-1964 model. I have seen simplicity blower with two idler pulleys by the stamped frame with a belt coming up to the pto pulley. I have also seen blowers with just one pulley by the blower frame. I just looked at pictures of another blower that had a long hitch with a long belt and pulleys at the end of the hitch that look like they attach to the belly of the tractor. My friend has the simplicity blower with one belt and two idler pulley's and it will blow snow much better than my 3 belt set up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Burntime
You need a front engaugement hitch. It is a 2 pulley hitch that has a tensioner on it. You also need the older blower with a 5 inch pulley on it. The lift quadrant is slightly different with a steep angle to bypass the front. Many can be made to work though.

moparharn
PhanDad, is the rod with the spring on it the lift rod? Does the spring take up some of the shock when the blower is bouncing when moved in a lifted position? Is the rod with the knob on it the tensioner? The metal guard in the pictures is used to cover up the indler pulleys? My friend had this blower on his B-110 and it threw snow twice as far as my 3 belt blower. Should I assume that my 3 belt needs adjustment, or does the one belt do a better job of throwing snow? Thanks for your help!! Bill Yukon, You and I have the same 3 belt blower. Bill

moparharn
I tightend the belts as much as I could tonight and it was much better until I hit the wet stuff. It stalled the auger and the belt on the blower itself started to smoke. I am out of adjustment on that belt a will have to get another belt. I really want the correct blower for my 1968 and will post on the classifieds to see if someone wants to trade with me.

UCD
What hasn't been mentioned is that with the B-110 you should get a 36" blower as it is a little under powered for a 42" blower. A 12hp will handle a 42" blower moparharn The rod with the spring is the lift rod and the spring applies floating down pressure on the blower. The rod with the knob goes to the clutch on the hitch. You don't have to get of the tractor to disengage. The cover, covers the drive and hitch pulleys. The single belt drive is a better set up than the 3 belt, better clutch setup, less belts to replace, less adjustments, and in most cases you can't give a 3 belt blower away unless it is in showroom condition and someone wants it for show.