Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Do you think I could get_______ out of my 6216

ezliving4ume

As spring is rolling around and it would be the time to sell, if I were to sell I'd buy another simplicity. Just saying. I have a 6216, repowered with an 18.5, ag's, wheel weights, soon to be electric lift. The tractor is in prefect working order. The deck is a 48" with new spindle bearings, new blades and new rear baffle. Rear baffle isn't installed yet but is due this spring. The deck runs smooth as silk. The snow thrower is a 36" that has been trouble free other than the pto point being sent in the wrong spot for the 6200 series. screwed up a couple of belts. But its fixed correctly and operates as it should. The tiller works as it should but is a little beat up. Never had any problems with it. And then the front mount dethatcher and blade. What could I get out of it?
[img]/Club2/attach/ezliving4ume/IMG_1324.jpg[/img]

[img]/Club2/attach/ezliving4ume/IMG_1321.jpg[/img]

[img]/Club2/attach/ezliving4ume/IMG_1318.jpg[/img]

I would say if you sell it with all attachments 1k, 1200 would be out of the park. You would end up with more if you put more work into it and sold it all seperate in season. Put the snowthrower to the side and save the head for the next one unless you are going much much newer. I would also put the stock seat on and save it. That is a really sweet 6218.

I agree with chris727. Most people find they can get more money if they sell the attachments separate, but that leaves you with a tractor that is not worth much and harder to get rid of. Plus, selling each item separate will take awhile and you may not want to wait that long. Selling as a package deal should get rid of everything fast, but at the same time a buyer may be looking for an attachment only and you will need to have prices in mind when that happens. Most people, I've noticed put them on craigslist and start a little high and then after a couple of weeks drop the price if no callers. I would advertise "Make Offer" also. That way you can get an idea of what people are willing to pay. Joe from Joe's Outdoor Power emailed me one time and said that he parts them out like the other tractors and that they are not big money makers like the 7000 series, but people like them and he does not have problem selling them on eBay. That's another option, but a lot of work. I have a 6216, 48" deck, rear weights, chains, rear bagger system and a snow blade. I plan on selling mine in the spring also. I plan to keep the snow blade and maybe the chains because I can use them on my 7117H. Then again, I may keep them in the package, since I got a snowblower this year and I think I like using better than the blade. My drive is not huge and I don't get the kind of snow like some members do in this forum. I was hoping to get $400 (I think Joe gave me that figure as reasonable) for my tractor to include the bagger. If that does not work, I may just give it away. Hope this helps. MR

i have had and sold 2 of them...the first one i sold on sleezbay with a 42inch blower, 30inch tiller, 48inch deck, with bar tires and a newer fully pressurized briggs diamond 17.5 horse...it only went for 788.00...someone got a really nice machine as it needed nothing...the second one had just the deck, and a briggs 16.5 ic in it and it was really clean also and it brought 510 by itself....i have seen the tillers for these in good shape go for around 125 to 350 depending on shape, snowblowers from around 75 to 350, once again depending on year and shape...if u can put the original seat on and sell it like that...sell the attachments seperate as you will make out a lot better that way..:D

I should add that a reasonable quickie sale would be about 750. I sold the same tiller one time for 250 and had 4 people on it within 1 day. I would probably sell that seperate since spring is so close.

Yes, why would you sell it after all that work and all the attachments. Can you add some more photos for all the attachments that you mentioned? I've never seen a front mount dethatcher. Is it PTO driven? How did it work for your lawn?

For 1200, if i was lucky, I wouldn't sell it. I've been looking at a conquest over at the dealer, 23 hp vanguard, power steering, 50" deck and its a 2008. I think I would just be better off to keep the 6216 and purchase the conquest if I want it that bad, and I don't. It would cost a cool mint to outfit it with a tiller and blower. mroman59, I don't have any with the front mount dethatcher installed. but this spring I'll take a couple. The cut quality is superior to any mower I have ever owned. Hands down a great machine. Thanks guys

You should keep it. Thats your tilling machine and snowthrower until you get the chance to equipt the new one... It may always be your tiller as the setup on the conquest would cost more then 1200...

Michael, If you sold the two soverigns and the 64 landlord you should be able to purchase an attachment for the 4x4 prestige or the kubota. Granted you won't have the tractor, but you will have an attachement for one of the two tractors you want. Rick...........

Richard, that's a beauty, and a workhorse. I say don't worry too much about the dollar value of these tractors. There is somebody who would give 1200 easy, maybe more, and somebody who would only give you 500, maybe less. What is it's value to you? In dollars? In the pride of workmanship? In usefullness? and in just plain old fun. I just retired, I wanted a Harley and a ponytail, which my wife says was out of the question. So I bought an old tractor with a plow. I didn't know much, but I knew he old ones can push, and I knew my fairly new Deere wouldn't push or pull a you know what off a you know what. I gave $500, and thought I did ok, because a big walk-behind blower would run at least 800. I plowed all winter, it was fun! I actually looked forward to enough snow to plow. Had I known all that I might have paid 1200 for it, because of it's value to me. So what is your tractor worth to you? And who'd a thought my old homelite was interesting?

The question is, do you really need all those attachments anymore. I am finding many in my neighborhood are abandoning garden tractors for a decent lawn mower to just cut grass and buying a walk behind snow blower for the drive, however that would probably not be wise if you have a real long drive. Do you have the space to keep the 6216 and a new tractor?

I've came to the conclusion that I will stay with the 6216 for as long as I'm on this property. I don't really understand not having attachments. I think of it as the less motors the better. I could have a mower motor, push mower motor, snow thrower, tiller, weed wacker etc. Attachments keep that to a min. When your stuff is old less is better.

You got a point. My dad always said though, more engines the less work each one has to do. Oh well! But tractors are like cars, once you get into a brand new one and drive it ... you don't want to go back. I found out that once I got on my 7117H with the ease of throwing into forward and reverse, I did not enjoy driving my 6216 where I had to use the clutch to change gears and go from forward and reverse. That is the main reason I am selling it and with gator blades, I don't have use for the bagger anymore. My brother is giving me an almost new Craftsman lawn mower. The paint is still on underneath the deck. I never liked Craftsman products that much, but this is one is hydrostatic drive like my 7117H and automatic transmission. My wife like's the 6216 and we call it "her" tractor, but I told her once she gets on that hydrostatic automatic drive lawn mower that she will not one to go back to it and will not complain about selling it. She did the same with her mini van, said she likes her van. But now that she has driven the new 4WD Jeep and sees the ability in the snow, she does not want to drive the van. I am just saying, if I got on a brand new Conquest, it would not be long before I would be neglecting my 6216, 7117H and even the new Craftsman.

Yes, but I think it was me not knowing "how to start it" when its hot. The idle down then shut off seems to work. I replaced the orginal motor be cuase of hot start issues. Seems is was me along.

Well it seems like there is still some kind of issue but maybe one you do not have to address right now. On my 6216, when bran new, I was not required to idle down in order to immediately start it up again. I idled down after I was finished cutting just because I was told it was better for the engine, i.e. let it cool down. But if I had to shut it down for some reason and start it up, it would. I guess, what I am trying to say is that there are no written instructions from the mgf. that you have to idle down or the tractor wont start up because it will be too hot. So I think you may still have an issue, which may finally get to the point where you will have to replace the part causing it. Hopefully you wont.

If I could fine that part! Completely new ignition system, rebuilt carb, battery was new last spring. All hoses wires etc. Were replace on the restored in 2008. Along with the exhuast. I pulled the oem motor out last spring and replaced it with the 18.5 because the 16hp did the same thing? Weird. O fuel shut off and inlet filter. What could it be,hummmm I think we already have a thread going on this subject,lol

Don't use an autolite plug. These ford plugs get gas fouled quick and stay that way till you take out, clean them, or replace them with the Champion equivalent.