Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Yorke

Hello

Yorke
I am a new member but I have been using the site for about a year to get information on my Simplicity Model V and Model LB. The site is fantastic. The amount of information is beyond anything I ever thought. Thanks to everyone who supplied information and those who keep the site running.The Model V was found in the woods at a friends place and was in terrible condition. I have stripped it down cleaned it up, sand blasted and sanded all paintable parts and reassembled it. The LB is waiting patiently for it's turn. I do need some information. Does anyone have the specs for the drive pulley on the Model V? Thank you

Yorke
Thanks everyone. I had to use a B&S 5 HP 130202 engine on the model V. I guess the orginal drive pulley will not fit. I need the diameter in order to purchase a different pulley or get one made. I also need the drive pulley for the model LB. Any information would be helpful. I would be interested in getting orinall pulleys and saving them for when the purse strings open again and I can get a model 14 engine. The model V now has wheels and new tires and is looking good. The LB has the handles repaired and will be in need of new tires soon. The minder of the purse strings has been asking how much I spent so far on my hobby. I keep pleading the fifth and the fifth amendment doesn't apply in Canada. I will soon have to answer. Have a great day everyone.

Karl_Brandt
Hello Yorke, Here is a picture of the pulley off a Simplicity VA same as V. A....2 13/16" belt size B (5/8") B....2 13/16" belt size A(1/2") C....3 3/8" belt size A(1/2") The engine has a 1" crankshaft. Pulley is 2 3/16"wide I also have more information on my website.
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/pulleyva.JPG[/img]

Yorke
Hello Karl; Thanks. The information is just what I needed. I was going to email you this evening asking for the information. I will check out your website I was on there yesterday. This site is like having a knowledgeable friend at your side. Regards Yorke P.S. I will send some photos as soon as I learn how to upload they right.

timflury
A collective jumble of knowledgeable minds. :D Just take your time with the picture loading. There are some good picture resizers on the site. I use "Pixresizer". Just make sure there are no "Special characters" in the file name. There are some "Special characters" as members here as well. You'll find out who they are soon enough.sm00sm00

Michiganmobileman
Welcome to the club!
quote:
I hope to get some larger tractor as a project sometime. It will be a year or so before I finish what I have here now.
Are we supposed to finish one before we look for another??;) Gosh I hope notdOd. Greg

HubbardRA
Sure hope they didn't make a new rule that we have to finish one before getting another. I only have three standing in line to be put together/refurbished or whatever you call it. I call it building them.

Yorke
I am always looking but I haven't found my next project. I have looked at a few tractors, all of them to far away from me. I will continue with what I have now and I am sure that eventually I will have a collection of things to rebuild. I might not catch Karl and his collection:( Thanks again for the help and the thought provoking questions. Enjoy the knuckle busting. Regards