Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
MikethePlumber

Hi, Newbie here in New Hampshire

MikethePlumber
Hello everyone, I signed up a few weeks ago, paid my dues this morning so I guess I'm New Hampshires latest Simple Tractor addict. My original search was for a Sears Suburban until I came across the SimpleTractors site one day. After spending day after day checking out the site, I started to look for a Simplicity. What I ended up with was an Allis Chalmers Big Ten with a few attachments. It runs and drives good. Mid and rear PTO's came in 5 gallon buckets with the tractor. During a recent snow storm my wife asked me why I didn't have a snow plow or snow blower for it. I guess thats the green light to search out 2 more attachments!! Pics to come soon. Looking forward to meeting all of you. -Mike

larry8200
Welcome! from Unity, NH. Great site and tractors here. Love pictures, and if the weathermen are right your going to need snow removal attachments... Tomorrow. Found this Big 10 in December and love it.

Willy
Welcome Mike Sometimes we can use a plumber to take care of some of us drips.:D A Big-10 is a good choice for your first tractor,they are easy to work on and will do what the big boys do only slower. If you watch the classifieds you should come across a snow blade or snow thrower.

MPH
welcome to the bunch. Since winter is about over down there, look harder for a blower and try to find one of the later ones with the augar being full width. The early ones act like a funnel in a snow berm.

MikethePlumber
I actually live in Goffstown NH, but I put Manchester because thats easier to find on a map. I'm about 1/2 hour from Massachusetts, 1 hour to the Maine border, and a little over an hour to the Vermont border. All reasonable driving times for "tractor stuff" here in the New England area. Larry8200- Nice pic of your Big Ten. You've even got headlights!! Willy- Speaking of drips, I do have a drip pan under the tractor as a matter of fact. Current weather conditions here in southern NH - snowing like crazy!

gjh
Hi Mike: Welcome. I'm just about an hr from you in Ipswich, MA. I just so happen to have an extra simplicity 42' manual plow and hitch. You will not believe how much snow you can push with these machines; I took my snow blower off a few weeks ago to clean up some slush. We had 5-6" last night which created 200' of 2-1/2' high drifts. That's what the wind off the ocean does! I was able to push a bunch of it back out of the way. The only thing that stopped me was loss of traction. Here is my Craig's list info: http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grd/2236270176.html Feel free to PM me if you want more info.