Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mike_sdak

sunstar attachments

Burntime
Mike, it is the same basic snowthrower with a different hitch and it has a right angle gear box and is shaft driven with an extra piece of metal. Other then that they look the same. I know the sunstars I have seen all have front end issues if a loader was on them. Not sure if they were abused or what.

comet66
Burntime is correct about the blower. Different hitch and requires a gearbox as Sunstar imps. are shaft driven. For what it's worth, I have a loader on one of mine that has been worked very hard over the last seven years ( since I put it on a used 800 hour tractor ) moving a lot of rocks and fire wood with no front end issues. It does get regular maintenance. I have had two others go through here with no front end issues. One however did need the front wheels rebushed as they were worn. I would recommend power steering and locking differential though.

mike_sdak
Thanks for the replies There was a 1920 duetz allis for sale in my area, advertised with 48" loader for $2200 obo. I did too much thinking and research, it is sold (maybe to one of you guys?) I would have shot for a bit less than 2200 if I made an offer. Oh well.