Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

remote tilt snow blade

mroman59

In a previous post I thought someone mentioned that they have a remote tilt snow blade. I have never seen one of those or new they existed. I have a 7117H so I have the hydraulic lift but I have to get off the tractor and manually tilt it in the direction I want. At one time I was thinking of trying to devise an electric motor/mechanism that would tilt the blade left or right using a directional switch on my dash. Can those of you who have remote tilt snow blades post some pictures or give me information on them. Can you convert a manual model into one. I think I have seen some in the past where tilt was controlled by hydraulics. Maybe thats what they were talking about. Thanks, MR

The angle from the seat blades are a heavy duty blade with trip springs that can be angled from the seat. To me tilt would be the ability to change the angle of pitch of the blade, ie, top forward more for less wash board, tilted back to cut under better. Here some pics of mine.

Can't find the pics of it after I redid it, sorry.

OK, thanks now I understand. the older blades did not have those trip springs. I did not know that since my first snow blade 20+ years ago came with trip springs. I do however, still think I saw a system which can be added to their hydraulic lines, which moves the blade left to right without getting off the tractor. Like a linear actuator arm. If I ever find the photo of the tractor and blade that has one, I will post the website photos.

Believe this is the hitch on the trip blade. I store my pics organized by the year so memory has to help me find them.

This one shows the rod for changing the angle from the seat. I had to make mine as it was MIA when I scored the blade for 50 bucks.

don't think it be hard to make it angle with hydros. I don't have the extra hydro capacity so never got into doing it. Would be nice.

I wouldn't mind having the angled capability and control rod from seat. My blade has no connection for that, but I am sure I can mount a bracket on the blade and look for a rod. However, how is it controlled near the seat. Do you have a photo of the lever near the seat? I have a 7117H and there would already be a rod on that side that controls the lift of the blade, so wouldn't it be difficult to add this feature? How do you lift your blade if the rod just controls the angle? Do you take enough photos of the project to put in DIY section? Thanks, MR

Pics of the lift rod and angle rod on my Homelite T-12:

This is the best pic I have showing the remote angle hitch mounted:

This is a closeup pic of the hitch I took for someone to see the spring for the latch. It shows most of the mechanical parts for the remote angle capability:

FYI, there are 2 spring trip blades, the remote angle is 46" wide. There also is a 42" wide manual angle spring trip blade (not assembled):

Bill Is it possible to buy a manual remote tilt kit and/or adapt a kit to work on my blade that came with my 6216. I use the same blade for my 7117H even though it is not made for the 7117 it still works. My blade has holes and a pin that you set in them to keep it in position, no latch mechanism like yours.

Michael, I don't know if there's a kit, but I doubt it since the angle hitch and the mount welded to the 46" blade are made for each other.

There is no kit You would have to fab. something. You twist the control rod to unlock it and pull or push it to angle the blade. You probably could come up with a way to modify the manual angle 42" plow but would be alot easier just to buy a 46" remote angle spring trip plow. they go for between $100 and $200 dollars depending on condition and area.

There are lots of the 46", angle from the seat, blades out there. Keep your eye on the club classifieds,Craigslist and Ebay. You will find one before next winter.

However, it could be easier by creating the latch mechanism at the steering end like you have with manual deck lifts, rather than latching at the blade end.