Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Did Simplicity make a generator accessory?

OrangeMetalGuy

Like a generator we could hang on the back and drive with a belt? That would be a great accessory to have. Been thinking about getting a generator and thought heck, might as well use a tractor to run it.

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Like a generator we could hang on the back and drive with a belt? That would be a great accessory to have. Been thinking about getting a generator and thought heck, might as well use a tractor to run it.
Yup, since the days of the 725... http://simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1962/generator.htm

Generac actually made the rotor/stator (generator) for them.. I used to work there they make good stuff. I know of one for sale for $500 and would love to add it to my collection I just don't think I would ever really use it.

I have seen guys take other genset heads and build a cage. A local tractor guy has one on a simpler smaller scale, I think he would sell it for something like 125. Of course its not simplicity...