Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
kilalove21

broadmoor 738 questions

kilalove21
noob that needs help... first, i'm glad i found you all, i thought i was weird with my love of my 738. in fact i love it so much that when i broke a piston ring i ended up honing the original engine .050, added a .030 pison with .020 rings, and ported the intake. it is by far the best mower i have ever used. anyways, my tires are pretty bad, the fronts are 5.3x4.5-6 which i can't find anywhere. what size tire can i fit on that rim? the rear is common size so i won't have any problem with them. my other question is i have no first gear, is that a difficult repair? i'm a mechanic by trade, but this gearbox looks quite a bit different than anything i'm used to. the only reason i want it is because i'm about to invest in a snow blower for it and am afraid that the other gears might move too fast if there is a lot of snow. thanks in advance.

Chris727
Welcome to the forum. The transmission problem can be fixed but lots of the internals for that one will probably be no longer available. Not sure how you have the right ring end gap when using .020 rings in a .050 cylinder?

sbull78
not to hijack the thread but i had an 11.5 horse in a 4211 once that the prev owner put a crank in it out of i have no idea and did some other motor work to it and the compression on it was crazy!!!it has not missed a beat for 5yrs now like that....the best place i find any size tire is ebay..jmo..and also WELCOME!!!:D

msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by kilalove21
anyone on the size of the front tires?
About any of the narrow profile tires for a 6" rim should work. I have had good luck with both of these vendors. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-New-3-50-6-Tri-rib-3-Rib-Front-Tires-Tubes-4-ply-/380281315423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a88605f[/url] [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/13x5-00-6-SPECIAL-PURCHASE-turf-tire-tractors-mowers-/330498218524?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf33a9a1c[/url]