Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
walker

2 wheel "W" sickle bar?

walker
In the process of refurbing my walk-behind sickle bar attachment. I can't seem to figure out how to mount the tension pulley (I swear - parts seem to have a way of either disappearing or spawning). Bottom line - at this point, I'm not sure I'm even working with the right part. The funny thing is, this sickle bar doesn't seem to be a 193. The 193 has "legs" welded to the cross bar. This one is a single bent piece of round bar. Anyone know what I have? Was there another sickle bar model? Pictures? Thanks in advance.

dhardin
The round bar across the cutter knives sounds like a VB model sickle. I have 3 of them. I'm not sure but I think all the Simplicities walkers used about the same unit from 1957 to 1962. If you have a pic would help a lot. I don't plan on using all 3 of my sickle but are using them for parts. I have them stored and if I remember right one of my sickle has a idler and small pulley and the other 2 don't. Can not remember its been a few months back. Let me know what I can do to help.