Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

Wishfull Thinking

osenga
Now I am ready to. But all the snow has just about melted. Just the bad part is all the ditches and my yard is full of water . So needless to say if I pull any of mine out now it would be to mud bogg is about all I would be doing till it gets stuck ( but it is starting to cross my mind to give it a try out in the feild to see how far I could go since its not white)

JohnMBerst
So how much food coloring did you use to paint the snow???? :I That is a color I have not seen in some time. Guess it reminds me to sharped the blades, and repaint the deck. Thanks.

Allis_HB112
We moved to our new location Nov 13th last fall. It was an estate sale. We haven't even had a chance to rake the leaves yet, let alone mow. We have 7 acres, 4 of which is pasture and overgrown. 1 acre is around the house, and the other 2 is garden/orchard area, and it is also severely overgrown. We walked the property last night with the dogs. We still have about 5" of snow everywhere. I can't wait to start getting things cleaned up! I have 21 apple trees that I hope to start pruning maybe tonight. Did the grapes last week.

MPH
Well, here's my spring dreaming.

Guess I'll wait a bit.C

Truth is, I rebuild my first brand new toy of 1975 2 winters ago but it had a backfore that would jerk the rope through my fingures, spring was upon me and I never got back too it. Need shop room so I pulled the engine last night figuing I must of had the cam gear outta time a notch, nope, perfect, pulled the flywheel to check points and timing of the magneto cluster, perfect. Put the flywheel back on only to find I boggered/mushroomed the treads a enough to need a die run over them so went to take off the flywheel and noticed the keyway was barely in the crankshaft keyway. Hmmmm, went to town and got a new longer key, drove it in just past flush and put it together. Bingo, runs like new again. With the taper on the crank, and the oem key only about 3/4 inches long, having it flush to front might have been my problem. Won't ever know for sure if that was it but it's the only change I made.

Sign in to follow this