Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wishfull Thinking

larry8200

funny you posted that..i was just looking at my profile pic of the 3012 and noticed the stripes in the lawn adn thought, i am so ready to mow now!!!:D

Now I am ready to. But all the snow has just about melted. Just the bad part is all the ditches and my yard is full of water . So needless to say if I pull any of mine out now it would be to mud bogg is about all I would be doing till it gets stuck ( but it is starting to cross my mind to give it a try out in the feild to see how far I could go since its not white)

So how much food coloring did you use to paint the snow???? :I That is a color I have not seen in some time. Guess it reminds me to sharped the blades, and repaint the deck. Thanks.

We moved to our new location Nov 13th last fall. It was an estate sale. We haven't even had a chance to rake the leaves yet, let alone mow. We have 7 acres, 4 of which is pasture and overgrown. 1 acre is around the house, and the other 2 is garden/orchard area, and it is also severely overgrown. We walked the property last night with the dogs. We still have about 5" of snow everywhere. I can't wait to start getting things cleaned up! I have 21 apple trees that I hope to start pruning maybe tonight. Did the grapes last week.

I, for sure, can be counted on to complain about the heat. But have yet to caomplain about the cold. Good thing. Supposed to be -15 Thursday night....

This is the best time of the year,no snow to move and no grass to mow. Just work on the tractors and drink a beer or two and watch the Mud dry up.:D:o)

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
It'll be time soon enough. Then we'll complain about the heat.....&:)
You got that one right.....:D666&:)

Your mean you guys don't snowblow the yard so you can cut the grass?. I must be doing this all wrong then. :D:D:D I can't wait for spring either.

Well, here's my spring dreaming.

Guess I'll wait a bit.C

Truth is, I rebuild my first brand new toy of 1975 2 winters ago but it had a backfore that would jerk the rope through my fingures, spring was upon me and I never got back too it. Need shop room so I pulled the engine last night figuing I must of had the cam gear outta time a notch, nope, perfect, pulled the flywheel to check points and timing of the magneto cluster, perfect. Put the flywheel back on only to find I boggered/mushroomed the treads a enough to need a die run over them so went to take off the flywheel and noticed the keyway was barely in the crankshaft keyway. Hmmmm, went to town and got a new longer key, drove it in just past flush and put it together. Bingo, runs like new again. With the taper on the crank, and the oem key only about 3/4 inches long, having it flush to front might have been my problem. Won't ever know for sure if that was it but it's the only change I made.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts