Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

hydrostatic pump question

mroman59
I would guess my 7117 is around 20 years old. I was thinking of picking up an extra pump if I can find one for a spare. According to partstree my tractor takes the following. Simplicity 1671581 HYDROSTATIC PUMP& MOTOR UNIT (7112 & 7114) Not available or Simplicity 1671582 (replaces 1671582SM) HYDROSTATIC PUMP & MOTOR UNIT (7116, 7117 & 7119). Where do I look on my pump to find the model that I actually have and do I have to put in the same one? Do you guys put in new/used pumps or do you rebuild them, assuming there is a rebuild kit like on engines?

Chris727
I've never had one fail. They are basically a series 15 pump which was incredibly common. Cub Cadet, JD, Massey, and other brands all used variations of these pumps at some point. Used ones show up on ebay fairly frequently. Would guess a new one would be out of reach pricewise.

mroman59
you are right about a new one and price out of reach. I have seen them on eBay. If they are that good, maybe I should not worry about it and just wait until it fails. Sounds like I will be gone before the pump will. what about the transmission on my 7117, how you feel about that. do you guys try to pick up used or rebuild them?