Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7790 tranny swap

nelra2000

Anyone know if a 7012 6-spd will swap with a 7790 hydro? I pull a 7790 (now decaled as an Allis 920 Diesel), and would like to install a 6-spd. I've access to a complete running 7012. Arlen

Yes, it should. I swap out a shuttle rear out of a 7114 and replaced it with hydro rear end. Just disconnect everything and unbolted it at the BGB(4 bolts)and install the 6 speed, you will have to poke a hole threw the tunnel for the gear shifter.

I picked this guy up with a tired engine and only a push blade. Sold my B-112 for $750 and got the diesel for $800. We have a strictly twin-cylinder class at 950 & 1050. I stripped the tractor of every little nut,bolt, peg,that wasn't needed. Sold the hydro lift, power-steering,acc. clutch, blade, etc. Put on a smaller seat and w/half tank of fuel and me, I can make the 950 lb class with 15 lbs to spare unless I start the day w/a big breakfast. :)Enables me to hook twice at each pull. Two more w/the outlaw and two w/the Psych Ward (16 hp Montgomery) in off-the-lawn class. It took me 3 yrs to find a diesel twin and it's now a greater joy than the other two. I hafta figure out the photo thing, you guys will love the handmade Allis outlaw. We've got a guy pulls a miniature handmade Cockshutt outlaw too. Pretty impressive. Thanks all you guys, again. Arlen

Nohp limit that I can think of. However it has to be an OEM engine, I think. Dairyland Garden Tractor Pullers.com. Rules are shown. I don't remember for sure. I know some have 24-25 hp vertical shaft v-twins now just this past season. I coul see how an old Wisconsin off a baler or combine, some 4-cyl, some 2-cyl, would be a bear.