Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mhorn78

mhorn78
i am parting out a allis 310,and was wondering if these have some kind of variable speed on them? this was a parts machine i got for my 314H and wasn't sure about the transmission.hoping to have it all apart today.i was told it is stuck in gear so any suggestions to get it unstuck would be greatful

sammiefish
the 310 or 310D were both 3 speed with variable pulleys on the side of the bgb to transmission... as far as unsticking a 3 speed in gear ... do a search here for "bent screwdriver trick" (oh grr... levi beat me to it.. : )

hamman
It took me about an hour to fix mine once I got my locksmith flex light out and got right down in the side of the rearend and looked in the hole. I also dripped a litte 10w-30 in to the hole on the shaft so I could ket it to move. Once I bent the srewdriver and watched zippos video on youtube I got it un stuck. Just stay with it it will work.

Burntime
I swore and cussed for over an hour. Then, within the blink of an eye I hit the right spot and click...fixed! Follow the screwdriver across the bar to the shifting fork and it will be easy. Nothing will make that much sense until you hear the click. Then it will all come together...