Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3012

Corncountytractors

Had this delivered to my garage this morning. 3012 looks like it was a Variable but someone converted it to direct. Starts and runs good no smoke. Blower also works. Got it from a club member. I think the engine alone is worth what I paid for it all. Not going to restore it probably put weights on it and just run it as is. May put a new hitch and rear lift on it. I know the rear hitch is an eyesore but it does have some weight to it. BOB

Nice find, All of that series were hydros or variable. It still has the variable pulley on the transmission. I see possibilities for that hitch just like it is. AND you have a genuine 50 year old 3 belt blower on the front that looks to be in exceptionaly nice shape. the # for the snowthrower is 990175

Nice find. Looks like I spied a Duster and maybe a Camaro in the garage also. We like pic's of non tractors also. Enjoy the seat time man.

Bob I have a hitch on a rear end out here if ya need it . All i have to do is pull it off let me know . Thats another great find also And in your 2nd picture what is that old landlord sitting over there

I resemble that tractor. I saw the thread over on MTF. http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=174419 That seat might be a little harsh on your backside.:D:D

I like that restored hydro lift sovereign over there...purdy. The new one looks like a perfect workhorse...those friggin variables have always been a headache for me. That thing will move some serious snow the way it sits, and I can picture all kinds of stuff hookin up to that unique hitch...

I read the post looks like these 87 belt blowers. Are not the greatest invention ???. But that's ok the engine runs good. I think we will change the front wheels. Put a set or two of weights on the rear wheels. Maybe change the hitch and put a rear lift on it. And put a can muffler on it. That's about it we are going to use it as a snow tractor only. If the blower don't work out next winter we will put a blade on it. Bryan if your talking way back in the background. That is the old trusty 66 two pulls anytime of the year. I bought that off our friend Craig back in 2004. Painted it up and have done nothing but use and abuse it ever since. Mowing,Tilling,Snow Plowing,Grading with the center mount grader blade. Think I might make it a show tractor and just sit back and look at it. I am home all the time and anyone or everyone is welcome. To stop by and BS about Tractors, Cars ,Charlie Sheen or anything else. Thanks, BOB

The blower housings were the same that came on the two wheeled Simplicity tractors. The three belt setup was what the engineers back in the late 50's came up with to adapt the housing to the new four wheeled tractors that all the manufacturers were coming out with. I had mentioned before, they work ok at best when correctly set up and adjusted. Personally, I would take that blower and hitch down to bare metal and give it a fresh coat of paint, decals and new pulleys only after finding a blower to actually do the work.;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• gwiseman
    • BLT
    • oldsarge
    • StanD
    • TheFlash300
    • Darl Swartz
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts