Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord BGB Pulley

grnlark

In the process of switching out the BGB on my 65 Landlord, the left side pulley (that would run implements like the mower etc) took a beating when I removed it. This is not the pulley with the rope-start grooves, the other side. I was going to see if I could get a new comperable pulley at Tractor Supply but wanted to check here first. I know based on the various implements, sometimes I've seen 2 pulleys on that BGB shaft side by side. Does anyone have 1 or 2 they would like to sell? If not, has anyone found a good replacement and/or does anyone know the orginal Simplicity part number? Ultimately, I'd like the 2 pulleys vs. one. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I'll snap a picture later tonight. Thanks

I picked up a replacement pulley and key to run my tiller, and Grnlark is correct mine has two separate pulleys on the shaft, at the local hardware store. You could try taking in the pulley and matching it up at our local tractor supply, hardware store.