Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It's Electric-Kinda

RUMBLEFISH

Well I'm in the process of trying to hook up the 12 volt coil conversion on my B212. Could someone tell me what I would hook up the positive on the coil to and also the white ground. I have already ran the "-" coil wire to the new condenser near the points. I just don't want to mess up anymore then I already have. Here is a photo of what I now have. Thanks [IMG]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6267/eleep.jpg[/IMG]

quote:
Originally posted by osenga
Hope this will help you out http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/magneto_to_coil.htm
That is what I'm using but I don't think his older model had a solenoid. I am getting a bit confused on this and don't want to cook any more wires.

Although this diagram is for the 7000 series, it should be the same for all of them, just eliminate the safety switches, terminal block, circuit breaker, etc,, found on the newer models.

quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
Although this diagram is for the 7000 series, it should be the same for all of them, just eliminate the safety switches, terminal block, circuit breaker, etc,, found on the newer models.
[img]/club2/attach/msiebern/wiring.jpg[/img]

Mike thanks for the pic and the help. Rick

I took out the key switch on my B212 and it had the standard 3 prong plug that went into the back of it. It also had a prong not used marked "C" hmmm. So I ran a wire to it checked with the switch off it was dead then turned on the switch got 12 volts. Ran a wire to the coil put in the plug turned her over and walla!!! Fired right up and my hydro "after I took it apart and put in new rings" worked. I am a happy camper now and just waiting on a few things to finish her off. Thanks everyone for helping me out. Without this site I would never have gotten this going.