Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

how to determine what it's worth

mhorn78

just wondering how to determine values of tractors,with or without attachments?i'm sure my 314 will be worth more with the tiller,mower deck,grader blade and snowplow,but not sure if the 300 and 400 series are worth more or less than other allis models.still trying to upload pics but trying to figure out how to resize them.any help would be greatful

Two things to remember when uploading pictures. Make the names one word only with no spaces and no special characters. Secondly the picture must be 100K or less in size. I use Irfanview to resize my pictures. First I crop the picture to eliminate as much as possible. Next I set the size to 640x480. This usually makes them small enough to upload. There have been a few times that I had to also set the colors to 16 so that the picture was small enough to upload. Irfanview is a free download and you can get it by going to one of the sites at this link: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50916 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_articles.asp?catid=38&cattitle=Evaluating

The prices on Garden Tractors of all brands is all over the place with really no rime or reason other than who wants what when.Prices at auctions I go to can vary hundreds of $$$ for almost the exact same tractor one week to the next,even at the same auction.Guess you just put what price you can live with on it and hope someone comes along that needs it at that price

What I wan to know is why are you selling it? I thought it was our duty as members to accumulate as many as possible^^. they dont like to be lonley you know.

quote:
Originally posted by sovereign72
What I wan to know is why are you selling it? I thought it was our duty as members to accumulate as many as possible^^. they dont like to be lonley you know.
There is a real good reason for that. I will let him tell you.

i sold my case garden tractors cause i realized attachments are harder to come by and more expensive.i found this allis thinking it would be the one i keep,and have the attachments i wanted.well last week i had a garage fire and i have too many things on the agenda to even worry about having a tractor that i'm not going to use for awhile.i gotta get things back to normal and sometime you realize the things you have could are not always needed.

mhorn78 said
quote:
well last week i had a garage fire and i have too many things on the agenda to even worry about having a tractor that i'm not going to use for awhile.i gotta get things back to normal and sometime you realize the things you have could are not always needed.
I know how you feel. This summer I am going to try to sell a chipper/shredder, KTM 250cc dirt bike, snowblower, 6216 tractor with bagger and some other yard maintenance items on craigslist. Just because I dont use them and need the room. This year I picked up a new snowblower and a lawn tractor from my brother and need to make room in shed for them. It will be less expensive then buying a pole barn. It's a viscous cycle.

Sorry for your troubles...that must be a real bummer. My $0.02, buy as a package, sell separate. I get my best 'deals' when I take everything they got...then when I sell, I sell piece by piece because folks pay more for what they want, when they dont have to take sutff they already got, or don't need. If you're looking for a quick sell, throw the package deal out there, and somebody like us will pick it up. If you want a higher pay out, sell the tiller, sell the tractor, etc,....

quote:
I use Irfanview to resize my pictures. First I crop the picture to eliminate as much as possible. Next I set the size to 640x480. This usually makes them small enough to upload. There have been a few times that I had to also set the colors to 16 so that the picture was small enough to upload.
I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager (MOPM)that comes with Microsoft Office. Right click on your photo file icon, click "open with" and choose MOPM if you have it. In the toolbar, click "edit pictures", then under "change picture size", click "compress picture". If you choose the web pages size, they will usually compress to around 52K. Save it under a new name if you want to keep the larger original. This is really quick and easy if you have the program.:)