Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Older Regent 4108 - what they going for?

TonyIN

New here and new to these machines. Posted this within a thread earlier - probably not the best thing to do. Anyway, hope you all can help me out or point me in a direction. A very good and long time client of mine through the day job has a Regent 4108, most likely a 1978, #1690261. They have decided to part with it and thought of me first (as I have this affliction for old iron). Here's the scoop: Original owner, always serviced by a dealer. Hasn't seen much use in past 10 years other than pulling a cart. But still serviced. Comes with snow blower, cutting deck, and what looks to be some kind of leaf rake/sweeper attachment. In good condition, but not mint (some scratches, faded paint, etc.) They said - make an offer. I have no clue where to start, but want to treat them fair. I really do have enough projects or things around here that need attention, but just can"t resist the opportunity - and the machine. And... gee, I don't have a snowblower. Have my mowing needs taken care of with other machines. Have 2 old farm tractors with plows and loaders. Any idea what a fair price range might be? Or where to go to find out? Hopefully everything works out and I'll get the machine. Thanks in advance... Tony

On very rare occaison a 4100/4200 will bring close to $1000 on eBay with attachments, but then they probably didn't sell for much more than that when new and they were one of lighter built tractors. Often they bring closer to a few hundred tops for the tractor alone. I've seen them nearly given away. The blower might be worth $150-$200 but the tractor is not worth much. I would think if I were selling it I could probably get $350-$400 for that package here during the right time of year.

i think with everything you have and if it is nice i could prob get around 400 to 600 here...some people are looking for a good smaller machine...i sold a 4212h for 500 last summer on ebay with just a deck...

Thanks for all the input on this. I have a good range now and we'll see what happens. If all works out ok, I should end up with a new project (day job) and a new project here at home. And if I do get it, it's a safe bet you'll be hearing more from me... Thanks again Tony