Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Member Introduction

SnowedIn

Hi All, I just joined your forum and am looking forward to learning and contributing in the forum. I have been nursing along a 25 year old Simplicity SunStar that came with the property I bought 10 years ago. It has been a powerhouse mowing two acres and snowblowing a 100 yd driveway. The engine needed so much work that I finally decided to buy a Legacy XL with a snowblower and 60" deck. It will arrive Monday. I am really looking forward to the 4 wheel drive. My whole property sits in a hillside. I do intend on selling the SunStar in the classified section....as a whole, or part by part, and thought that the forum is the place to start the process. If this in any way is going against any rules or code of conduct, please let me know and I will cease and desist immediately. My goal is to make some cash and at the same time provide a source of parts for those of you looking for that hard-to-find item. Thanks to all, Cap

quote:
Welcome to the club. If you hang around here too much, you'll end up wanting to fix you SunStar! -MtP
No doubt! You guys got me debating in my head all the time. I hear voices telling me to pick up another old Simplicity or Allis and restore it. Not sure if I want that to be my new hobby. I would like to concentrate on fishing only at my age. Plus my wife may kill me and then and there goes the fishing too.

quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Welcome to the club. If you hang around here too much, you'll end up wanting to fix you SunStar! -MtP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Me too----just rejoined--- decided to downsize a few yrs. ago before we moved and now living in a city lot --still leasing-- buying and restoring or sleeping in the car are the current options -- at least according to my wife!!!!! but really enjoyed the camaraderie and the ready help when i needed it time to re-join !!. Welcome Cap!!!! I'm sure that you'll find your time here in this site to be really enjoyable even after your sale!!

Guys, I totally understand where you are coming from. I like restoring things and this tractor and I have had a love/hate relationship for a while now. Bottom line is time/space/money....all of which seem to be in short supply lately. I joined the Smith and Wesson forum last year and that contributed to a full blown addiction with many enablers. These forums tend to do that on occasion. The 47" snowblower (two stage) is in great shape. The 60" mower deck is in decent shape...sheet metal a little tired, but all the gearing/pulleys/spindles seem fine, it mows beautifully. Those attachments I will sell as units, complete with their drive shafts. There is also a rear bracket and 5 suitcase weights. I think they weigh 40 lbs apiece. I have to read the classified rules and take a bunch of pictures etc before I can start posting. Thanks for the generous "welcome aboard". Cap

quote:
Originally posted by SnowedIn
Guys, I totally understand where you are coming from. I like restoring things and this tractor and I have had a love/hate relationship for a while now. Bottom line is time/space/money....all of which seem to be in short supply lately. I joined the Smith and Wesson forum last year and that contributed to a full blown addiction with many enablers. These forums tend to do that on occasion. The 47" snowblower (two stage) is in great shape. The 60" mower deck is in decent shape...sheet metal a little tired, but all the gearing/pulleys/spindles seem fine, it mows beautifully. Those attachments I will sell as units, complete with their drive shafts. There is also a rear bracket and 5 suitcase weights. I think they weigh 40 lbs apiece. I have to read the classified rules and take a bunch of pictures etc before I can start posting. Thanks for the generous "welcome aboard". Cap
Yes, it does tend to get addicting........d:)

You know you are missing one big point-- if you fix it up you can convince the wife to help you get the mowing done quicker so you can take her out to dinner!!!sm06sm06sm06

Welcome! I have always loved Simplicity and ran one. Since Joining last June, the Simplicity population here has increased 800%....

You need to keep the Sunstar so it can be your backup tractor. If you get the Legacy stuck, how are you going to get it out without another tractor to pull it out with?? :D

I have been hanging around this site since 2001. I have three tractors that run. I am working on a fourth. There are two others that I can assemble at a later time. I don't really collect tractors. I collect parts, and when I get enough parts, then I build another tractor. None of my tractors were even close to running when I got them. They have all been built by me. None of them are completely original. They all have my own personal touches on them.

keep the sunstar..you can always get to it later, just like i will get to the 2 b-10s i have needed to combine into 1 for about 5yrs now!!lol!but anyhow...welcome!:D

Smith and Wesson...been there! =] I actually just made my first gun 'sale' on GunBroker, to feed my tractor addiction. Think of it this way, if those S&W boys got you into guns for a couple grand, you can cash them out and get a loader for that Sunstar!

This morning the driveway was clear and it was raining. Well, temp dropped and now there is 12" of snow covering everything...and it's still snowing. The new tractor is due to arrive in the afternoon tomorrow...we will have to unload it out in the street and start snowblowing a path back to the house. Now you know why I picked that forum name. Maybe I do need a backup tractorsm00 Cap Central New York State

Guys, The Simplicity Legacy xl 4x4 arrived on Monday afternoon. Just in time, as we were snowed in! No kidding...2 feet of snow fell overnight in Central New York State. I could not move the cars at all, let alone down 100 yards of driveway. The dealer delivered the tractor out in the street, and I commenced snow blowing. This tractor is a brute. It went thru that deep snow like a hot knife thru butter. No slipping and sliding either. Forget about the weights and chains...not needed. I am very impressed with this Legacy. Smooth, intuitive controls, plenty of power, great traction and stability. The Sunstar is still at the dealer...they will bring it once things quiet down around here. I would post pics of the new tractor doing duty...I have some nice ones...but I don't have any attachment icon. Best wishes, Cap

UCD, You have me beat. Those are nice pictures. I love the enclosure on that Legacy. If I had one I would probably clear all my neighbors driveways too. Cap

Rick Some but most were created by a bucket loader. I was cleaning up his mess where he plugged the walk ways 4' deep and 4' through berms and buried cars. The bottom picture I am blowing out a car,the top picture I am trying to get walk to a front door cleaned out. This was the last storm we got 30".