Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MOWER DECK GAGE BLOCKS

RonHatch

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I find adjusting any mower deck properly is a pain in the......neck. Laying on a cement floor for any length of time at my age is no fun. This is just a simple tool/crutch to help the process go better and faster.

I made these yesterday in about 10 minutes. They're no big deal, but they certainly helped. I drilled a hole in each one so I can run a cord or bolt through them and hang them on a wall for safe keeping

Doesn't look like it matters much with that deck. Looks like it hasn't seen a blade of grass in it's life! 8D

Brett, you're right. I bought the B 10 last summer (my first) and mowed with it a few times just to see what needed fixing, which was pretty much everything. After rebuilding the engine, RGB, and replacing some keys in the trans, I strip it down to bare metal and painted it. I've had it sitting in the garage letting the paint harden all winter. I can't wait for the grass to grow so I can see how my efforts paid off. I'm sure there will be some fine tuning. There always is.

It is unbelievable, the difference of having a deck that is "dialed in", as opposed to one that is not. Ron, that idea is SIMPLy fantastic! Great quick reference tools.