Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

Level adjusting arm on 42" deck for 7100 series ?

mroman59
My 42" deck has two adjusting arms with turnbuckles on the end. They are held on by cotter pins at the turnbuckle end. By looking at my owners manual, the drawings show them mounted to the outside. Mine are mounted to the inside. I purchased the tractor in 2007 and did not change anything nor do I believe the previous owner did either because the bolts which the turnbuckles slide on (and cotter pin slides through) are held on by nuts that are on very very tight and I may have to use my impact wrench to get them off if I want to switch them around. I notice if the arms are on the inside, like mine, they do not look straight and if on the outside they are straight and parallel to each other. Could someone verify the proper hook up for me. A photo of a 42" deck would be nice. I don't know how much it matters, I have been cutting the grass this way for 3 years now, but since I am working on the deck I might as well correct this also.

ardisam
I had a Simplicity 7114, with a 42 inch deck, also a Allis 912 with the same deck. The two arms are mounted on the outside of the deck hitch, that is the way they came for the factory, just like in the manual. Here is a pic of my Simplicity 7114 with the 42 inch deck.

mroman59
Thanks Ryan, it sure was puzzling to me seeing them on the inside. So I guess I will switch them around. I also need to adjust my turnbuckles also to get the blades at the correct height in the front. All I can say is that the previous owner must have switched it around.