Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign Tires 24x12x12

hotrodtractor

I am trying to decide between 24x12x12 or 26x12x12 for my Harley Davidson machine(7010). I prefer the turf saver (no sipping) style for looks and on road traction. I have seen some machines with the 26" and they just look a little big to me. I was hoping that the 24" would look better for me, short and fat (kinda like the owner :D) Has anybody tried the 24" and have any pics? Northern has the turf saver style everyone else seems to have the turf master style. I want my front 16x7.5x8 front turf savers to match. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200331331_200331331?cm_ite=134550&cm_pla=Tires%20%2B%20Wheels>Turf%20Tires%20%2B%20Wheels&cm_cat=Nextag&cm_ven=Aggregates Northern

Our Prestige has the 24'ss and the Sunstar has the 26's. For winter blowing snow I like the 24's better. Going to have to add wheel weights to the sunstar as it seems to spin more. Both are 12's also.

If you're interested in Carlisle Turf Savers, I believe they still make a 24x12x12, it's product code #511075. That's as big as they go. Check with Rustybore's, he can probably get them for you. His prices with shipping included have been good in the past. http://stores.ebay.com/Rustybores-Tire-Store_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

Yep, depends on what they look like mounted. Some crown, others seem skinny when mounted. I tend to like the wider stance. The extra size may be nice. Would it be just a half inch taller and 1.5 inchs wider?

I put a set of 24 x 12's on 10.5" rim, they seem a bit cupped in the center. I would probably go a bit narrower on rim next time.

I am going for the flat tire look which is why I am going with wider wheels. Narrow rim would cause more rounded squashed look I thought? For example Rod has the machine below on 12x12 wheels with the 26x12x12 tires and they look a little rounded to me. But that may be due to inflation psi or that they are 26"

Is there tires other than AG's that seem to sit flatter than others... I now some puller tires do. Usually puller tires are very pricey.

I don't think my tires are overly rounded. When you have a wide wheel, you will need more pressure in the tire to push the center outward. I am not sure what pressure I had in those tires when that picture was taken. I do know that the traction on them is much better than the 8.50s that I had on before them. I thought about buying a set of the 24x12x12 tires for my 7125H that I am putting together. Probably won't because I already have several sets of tires just sitting around waiting for a tractor.

I forgot about that pic. Rod, did you trim the fenderwell or lift the rear pan to get those tires under? Does the deck still fit on it? I am wondering just how agressive the tru powers I picked up (26 x 12 x 12) will be. I have always loved the ags and think I may put them on mine. Heck, I could always put them on the 64 landlord for summer fun if they do not fit the 7117 with the deck on:D:D:D I had completely forgot about this thread when I posted... One other thing Rod, what size are the ags behind the one you are sitting on... is it on a stock rim as well?

Don't forget about the PTO clutch too - some 26" tires will hit it - can depend on the backspacing of the wheels you are using. They will have to be shallow(wheels stick way out) to clear I would think. If the right set of 24x12-12's came my way, I would love them on my 18hp Sovereign. Tim