Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Moving on

Simplicity85

Well All good Things Must come to a End I love my Simplicity's And AC's But its Time to let a Bit off them I have a for sale Add on Here So If any off you want a bit of pre 67 FDTS Let me know Shoot I evan got a Garden mark I sell for the Right price. So Id thought I would let every one know Im down sizing to about 5 I think. So I thought I would let every one know hey All good things come to a end. Jace

I don't blame you, I should do it too. I also have far too many and am out of room, I have tried to think of which three or so tractors I could live with keeping, but thats almost impossible. Good luck with your downsizing.

I have 3, well kinda 4 now. But i have gotten rid of all the rest and not brought a new one home for a few years now. When you start placing time and money inter more than a few tractors it is easy to get overwhelmed and over extend your budget. So i agree with your downsized approach. It works well if you can ONLY LOOK on craigslist. now attachments are another story}:)

sometimes we have to do what ya gotta do. im also been down sizing. but heck if i had the money and room i would probaly triple my collection :p

Brett, I live in Maine and could store the tractors you purchase from Jace. I won't even charge you for storage. So go ahead and purchase what you want from Jace. I will pick them up and store them for you. It is only a twenty hour drive from Wisconsin to my place in Maine. Yes I have done the drive many times in the past. You should be able to leave work on Thursday night, be at my place by Saturday morning and back home by Sunday night so you can go to work on Monday. There I planned it all out for you, no excuses now. Rick........

• 3 weeks later...
quote:
Brett, we should road trip!!!
Do we bring a 45 or 53 footer on the back of the Kenworth? I wonder if you are allowed keep icy cold beer in the sleeper area........................

I have down sized also only 4 in the barn now. I still use the 725 for all the garden and misc. chores but I bought a brand new Snapper to mow the lawn. Boy does that new 23 HP hydo really mow up a storm. I know it won't last like the old Simplicity but its fast and I don't have to repair it every time I really need it in a hurry. Times change but I wouldn't dare take it in the garden or plow or push snow but it sure does mow. John

So Brett and Michael when should I expect you? I am willing to pick up the tractors and store them for you. With two drivers the trip to Maine and back to Wisconsin will be a breeze. It is much faster with two drivers. Again I have done this drive several times, both alone and with another driver. It is a piece of cake. I'll even have a beer waiting for you. Again the trip is all planned for you, no excuses now. Rick.....

Well Rick, I don't know about Mike, but I am pretty sure that if I drive halfway across the country and come back with a load of tractors, I too will be moving on. Wonder what rent in a small apartment goes for nowadays.........:D

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Well Rick, I don't know about Mike, but I am pretty sure that if I drive halfway across the country and come back with a load of tractors, I too will be moving on. Wonder what rent in a small apartment goes for nowadays.........:D
There's some small two bedroom apartments on the east side of Waukesha for rent for $625.:D:D:DLOL

If you guys are coming out this way with a semi I have some stuff to move west a couple hundred miles that I would gladly pay to have moved....

quote:
Originally posted by john-holcomb
I have down sized also only 4 in the barn now. I still use the 725 for all the garden and misc. chores but I bought a brand new Snapper to mow the lawn. Boy does that new 23 HP hydo really mow up a storm. I know it won't last like the old Simplicity but its fast and I don't have to repair it every time I really need it in a hurry. Times change but I wouldn't dare take it in the garden or plow or push snow but it sure does mow. John
Take care of it and you may be surprised. I am on my 9th season with the Prestige and have no complaints. The Kohler uses no oil and the rear end is fine. We will see where 9 more years brings us. I believe preventive maintenance is everything.

I retired last November. I told my wife I wanted a ponytail, an ear ring and a Harley. Ended up with two old Homelites.

I went down to 1. It still is not functional. Would make more sense to keep it if it was running and helped around here! Had as many as five tractors at one time. Like the extra space, but feel like I failed by selling them before I finished what I had envisioned. Almost got rid of the last one too. Went out a few days ago and pulled the carb off and am going threw it. Hope it goes back together w/o trouble and runs! The float had a hole in it and was partially full of gas. The temptation of going to something that was/is running and could be put to use right away is still tempting and until I get my last one running will continue to tempt me.........