Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
captainweezy

Searching

captainweezy
I am looking for a topic about a front hitch for a 700 or 7000 series. I Searched the topic finding for a bit but I haven't found it yet. Does anyone remember any keywords other than front hitch so I can find this thing. I actually need it for a 917(7100) series but i could use the topic to make my own. I think I recall the member had one listed on eBay. I am picking up my new trailer today and want to keep it in my shed however getting it backed in to the shed is impossible with my pickup. I think a front hitch would make it a breeze. The trailer is a bit too heavy for my three wheeler and my truck is too long and I cant clear the trees. Thanks in advance for any help

PhanDad
I think he wants a front ball hitch and he's probably thinking about Roy's (RIP) post: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110395&SearchTerms=hitch

mroman59
I doubt that the front or rear hitches are available anymore. I never thought of using a front one. It would come in handy when I try to back my boat into my garage with the tractor. I had a rear hitch made for my 7117H but it does not detach quickly, like the one in the diagram. Will that rear hitch fit the 7100 series also or just the 7000? I've never seen any of those being sold on eBay.

captainweezy
quote:
Originally posted by mroman59
I doubt that the front or rear hitches are available anymore. I never thought of using a front one. It would come in handy when I try to back my boat into my garage with the tractor. I had a rear hitch made for my 7117H but it does not detach quickly, like the one in the diagram. Will that rear hitch fit the 7100 series also or just the 7000? I've never seen any of those being sold on eBay. The rear hitch should be exactly the same on the 7100 as the 7000.
The rear hitch should be exactly the same on the 7100 as the 7000. Here is a listing of a 900 series(7100) that has a rear hitch for sale. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/2254780965.html

mroman59
quote:
The rear hitch should be exactly the same on the 7100 as the 7000. Here is a listing of a 900 series(7100) that has a rear hitch for sale. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/2254780965.html
thanks, good info to know. Tough to see that rear hitch in that photo. what are the used front and rear hitches going for these days?