Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

10"Heavy Duty Plow 990204

bgosh

Could some give me a dimension from the center of the coulter (disc) to the end of the plow base assembly where the plow beam end is fastened to? Also Is there a spring involved with the coulter where it is fastened? The manual does not show one but I swear that when I took the coulter off to clean it up I had spring there and I don't remember where it went.Come spring and I get to try this plow out is going to be a real experience for me as I have never done anything like using a plow.The only thing I know for sure is the plow goes on the back end of the tractor. Stan and Thank You

These two links should help you. larry http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30380 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102899&SearchTerms=plow%2Bsetup

don't think it matters how far the coulter is from the hitch point as long as it is centered directly above the point of the plow. as to a spring; neither my original simplicity plow nor my generic brinley have a spring. it might have been added by a p.o. to hold the coulter up while traveling. the original plow is 10 1/2 inches from the hitch pin to the point of the plow. the brinley is 16 inches pin to point.

I only use the coulter if I'm breaking sod. If you're plowing under mulch, take the wheel off and plow without it. I plowed under my garden last fall with the coulter down and the mulch came up off the wheel and clogged up the plow, then the plow just floated on top of the soil.