Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
john-holcomb

Thinking of making

john-holcomb
I am thinking of making another batch of center grader blade hitches. And possibly another bunch of front/back trailer ball hitches. [these also work great to mount a front weight] I might even be talked into making some center grader blades also. Some of you have the hitches I have built previously and I believe will attest to the quality of these reproductions. I am just checking to see if there is any intrest and if so I will work up current prices.

john-holcomb
Rick, These will not fit on the 3000 or 7000 tractor front end due to sheet metal clearqance if there is a demand I will look at an extended unit for the later tractor front end. John

RickS
John, Thank you. If you could put me on the list for an extended unit I would appreciate it. And yes I understand you need more members to request one. So I would like to call out to other members with a 3000, 7000, and 7100 series tractors to order a front / rear trailer ball hitch from John. thanks Rick.......

captainweezy
John, I am in for one that fits 7100 series for the front. I was going to call and see if they still had any first thing in the morning. I can PayPal you a deposit if need be. So Rick I am on board.

perry
here is my combo hitch i got from john a few years ago. dont worry about quality boys, this hitch is top notch craftsmanship ^
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/BROADMOOR038.jpg[/img]

Talntedmrgreen
Sign me up for a front/rear hitch. I've only ever found one, and the guy wouldn't separate it from the tractor. Make it worth your while to build a repro fron counterweight too... }:)

mroman59
quote:
here is my combo hitch i got from john a few years ago. dont worry about quality boys, this hitch is top notch craftsmanship
I can see that it is a rear hitch, but you say it is combo hitch, i.e. it can mount to the front also? I have a hard time picturing that. Also it appears that in order to mount it to the back, one has to have his rear lift hitch attached, correct?

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by mroman59
quote:
here is my combo hitch i got from john a few years ago. dont worry about quality boys, this hitch is top notch craftsmanship
I can see that it is a rear hitch, but you say it is combo hitch, i.e. it can mount to the front also? I have a hard time picturing that. Also it appears that in order to mount it to the back, one has to have his rear lift hitch attached, correct?
Yes that will attach to the front of the older tractors with the exposed front axle. There is a notch in the upright of the hitch that hooks over the front axle and the wrap around part that you see extending toward the brake drum pins under the front axle. And yes you need the rear lift or a straight rod in place of it for the rear.

perry
i might have to get me another one of these fine hitch's ;). here it is on the front. [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/simplicity009.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/simplicity008.jpg[/IMG]

PhanDad
I agree with the others. John does top quality work, I have both his mid mount grader blade hitch and ball hitches. As others have stated, the front/back combo hitch only works on FDT with the exposed front axle. As to the rear only style hitch, when installed on a 7100 series tractors with hydro transmission, one of the uprights interfered with the rear hitch and prevented mounting. A torch cut eliminated the interference for me. John, any thoughts to producing a front hitch for the 7100 series tractors. It would be similar to the one (#686) shown in the following post: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110395&SearchTerms=hitch It would be great if one hitch could be made to fit both 7000 and 7100 series tractors (not sure if the frame holes are the same).

john-holcomb
Thank you everyone for the nice words and the intrest. I will begin to look at pricing for a new run of universal hitches and grader blades. Give me a couple of weeks to come up with something that works on the running board tractors. Those that wish to E-mail I have update my profile with my new address. I still have in the back of my mind that the fork lift would be another excellent reproduction. I will be in touch with additional information on the hitches. Thanks John