Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

32" tiller question

adamico18

hi guys, i recently aquired a 32" tiller for my b-10, my question is what size belt to use, on all of the diagrams i look at it, it shows two different belts, does anyone have a inch size of how big the belt is?

when i got the tiller, all i got was the tiller no pulleys/hardware to mount to the tractor, when i started looking at mine unlike the ones shown on this website, mine has a 9" drive pulley with a tensioner/idler pulley that looked to me to be how you engaged the tiller, so i guess my question is how do i make this this tiller work with my tractor? or what do i need to make it work?

Without seeing your tiller, I'm guessing you have a slightly newer style tiller like this one. It was for the 100, 200 series tractors, and what you will need is an idler pulley system similar to this one. It just moves the belt down away from the one piece seat pan on those tractors. I have never set one up so not sure if this is the exact part you need but gives you an idea. As for belt size, I don't know. The newer tractors had a longer wheel base than yours so even looking up a correct belt for say a B210 the length would be wrong

thanks for the info, where does the idler set up shown bolt to? and i assume i would then use one long belt from the left side of the bgb to power the tiller?

the idler set slides on the left end of the lift shaft just like the older style, and 1 pin in the bottom to the upright support of the hitch keeps it from pivoting. Then yes as long as the engagement is on the tiller you would use 1 long belt to drive it.

I wasn't aware you had that style tiller. I'm not clear on how that tiller engages, but do not beleive the PTO pulley se you have does that. Those Pulley's remain static. These are your belts, 2154273 & 2105122 (5/8x56").

Josh, the engagement is on the tiller on this style. The lever is on the other side of the belt guard out of sight in the picture. If I recall correctly the belt guard is even attached to the lever. I don't have the tiller any more so I can't look at it. It uses a single long belt to drive it.

I have a 36" that operates as you described, but when I look up the 990392 32" tiller, I see an adjustment screw in the exploded view, just like the older round-top tillers. I don't see the engagement lever like my 36" has... I'd like to see a pic of what he has, as I've never, personally seen a 32" Heavy Duty.

without pictures or model numbers I think we're both using educated guesses but should give him a good idea what he needs to make it work. In a pinch I have run this tiller on a B 10 with no idlers and a tight belt so it was engaged all the time :O

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
without pictures or model numbers I think we're both using educated guesses but should give him a good idea what he needs to make it work. In a pinch I have run this tiller on a B 10 with no idlers and a tight belt so it was engaged all the time :O
I have too! :p I picked up my tiller last year, and did not have a PTO until just recently...so I've never actually ran the tiller correctly at all... I do have a 990174 that I'm running on a Big Ten, and that has teh correct, 2 belt PTO and works like a charm.

hi guys,you were right, i have the tiller in as shown in the above pictures, rokon2813 i dont suppose you have a spare pulley assembly for sale:) also if you dont mind could i use your picture in a want ad on this website to give viewers a better idea of what i am after