Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Louie_Bram

HELP! does my B-10 need a new rearend ?

Louie_Bram
Just writing to ask whether I should fix my B-10 or just get another. I fixed it up last year but while pushing snow the back axle cracked a cast sleeve so that the rear wheels no longer spins. the engine works fine. What should I do? I think I need a whole rear end without an engine an maybe help on how to swap it out. Also as a side note I would Love to buy a rear tiller for this thing and willing to pay. Anyway if anyone can help me I would aprreciaite it. I live in Iowa and can travel a ways if neccesary. thanks!

dentwizz
I just did that on my LL. Expect about $200 new for the tube with shipping and other costs. It is worth it though and not all that complex to perform. Make sure you have the manual on hand and a lot of ragssm00. You could find a used one but keep in mind the possibility of the fatigue life being on the edge with a similar life. I had mine apart for other trans repairs in the summer and inspected it for cracks but didn't see any, yet it was 40 years in the making. One tip: The split axle is a pain to get out unless you sawzall the end off to get the side plate off.

Willy
Hi Louie Glad to see another Iowan on the site,I'm in Cedar Falls. I would look for a good used rearend it's a lot cheaper then replacing the axel tube. I've gone both ways and replacing the rear end is a lot easier then tearing one apart, all though they arn't that bad to work on just a bit messy. If you have trouble finding one PM me and I might be able to come up with one.